Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Dragoness  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 5, 2009 10:22:54 AM(UTC)
Dragoness

Groups: Registered

We just moved into a new house and it has a Roper Natural Gas range. None of the lighting mechanisms work. In order to light a burner I have to turn it to "light" and use a match. The oven is the same, the pilot is lit but the oven itself will not light without us doing it manually. The house is only 5 years old so i don't imagine the stove is much older. Any idea what the problem is?

Also when I open the oven door I do smell a slight bit of gas, not a lot but a little bit.

Also the igniters do not click, from my understand they should.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Dragoness  
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 5, 2009 3:34:33 PM(UTC)
Dragoness

So its come to my attention that we were not being pateint enough with the oven and it does indeed light from the pilot. But the burners do not light. People keep telling me I can lift the top of the range up to get to the components inside, but I cannot get it to lift at all.

Can anyone tell me the name of the part that controls the burners lighting? Is it simply a pilot? Is it a spark module of some kind? I want to get it fixed and parts ordered right away. The burners are the sealed type.
Gene  
#3 Posted : Friday, March 6, 2009 11:46:28 AM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Looks like you have to light the burner pilots. Follow the instructions from the Installation manual (page 6).

Here are the break down diagrams and the parts list for the Roper range Model FGP300KW2

Gene.
Dragoness  
#4 Posted : Friday, March 6, 2009 3:45:17 PM(UTC)
Dragoness

I tried everything to light that darn pilot (both of them) and they will NOT light. Could that indicate a bad valve or something? I pulled the panel and tried adjusting the screw for the pilot as well, it seemed tight (I assume OFF) so I turned it some and tried again, nothing. I did find that its REALLY gross inside there... OMG if we buy this house I am giving that thing to charity and buying a new range!

I looked throw the instructions (thank you) and could not find it. Is there a way to lift the top of the range to get at the components inside?
Gene  
#5 Posted : Friday, March 6, 2009 5:56:12 PM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: Dragoness Go to Quoted Post
...I looked throw the instructions (thank you) and could not find it. Is there a way to lift the top of the range to get at the components inside?

You skipped it. Read what it says on page 8, point 4. Most likely the pilots just got clogged and will work fine after cleaning. You can use a needle to clean them.

Gene.
Dragoness  
#6 Posted : Friday, March 6, 2009 5:58:09 PM(UTC)
Dragoness

Oh thank you, I did skip it I guess. Sorry about that, we just moved and we have 3 small kids and 3 pets so its been NUTS! Thank you for helping me with this, I will look into that tomorrow but I am using the stove right now!
Gene  
#7 Posted : Friday, March 6, 2009 6:02:02 PM(UTC)
Gene

You can use it with a lighter or matches as long as you need. It's not going to harm anything. Keep us posted.

Gene.
Dragoness  
#8 Posted : Friday, March 6, 2009 9:12:54 PM(UTC)
Dragoness

I forgot to ask you to pardon my spelling, the word is through, not throw, lol. Ithink I need a good solid rest.
Gene  
#9 Posted : Saturday, March 7, 2009 5:29:34 PM(UTC)
Gene

No problem. We all need a good rest.

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply