Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bigguy  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2007 7:18:45 AM(UTC)
bigguy

Groups: Registered

Recently used self-clean option on top oven and after cycle was complete I cannot get heat from either element. Controls, fan and bottom oven work fine. The elements do not appear to be damaged. Based on another thread (posted on 11/1 by choldca and responded to by Gene), it appears that I will need to pull out the oven and replace a thermal fuse/thermal cut off.

Would it be possible to get instruction and part information to replace? Whirlpool Model Series #RBD305.

Please note that I already replaced the microcomputer as well because there was damage to it.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

lavonna  
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 18, 2008 5:02:12 AM(UTC)
lavonna

Originally Posted by: bigguy Go to Quoted Post
Recently used self-clean option on top oven and after cycle was complete I cannot get heat from either element. Controls, fan and bottom oven work fine. The elements do not appear to be damaged. Based on another thread (posted on 11/1 by choldca and responded to by Gene), it appears that I will need to pull out the oven and replace a thermal fuse/thermal cut off.

Would it be possible to get instruction and part information to replace? Whirlpool Model Series #RBD305.

Please note that I already replaced the microcomputer as well because there was damage to it.

I have the exact model and same problem after running self-cleaning mode. Neither bake nor broil elements will begin to heat. Would you please share any response or how you resolved your issue if you have? Thank you!
libertyappl  
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 18, 2008 5:32:56 AM(UTC)
libertyappl

Groups: Senior Expert

Can you both post the entire model numbers off the oven themselves, so to make sure it's the same part you need. There are about 20+ RBD305 models.
Nat
lavonna  
#4 Posted : Thursday, September 18, 2008 6:45:52 AM(UTC)
lavonna

My model is rbs305pdb16, I think that just means mine is a single not double oven but I know that would affect the parts. I have the same problem after self-cleaning - neither bake nor broil work but the panel works fine and the fan runs, appears to be heating but there's no heat at all.
libertyappl  
#5 Posted : Thursday, September 18, 2008 7:39:00 AM(UTC)
libertyappl

lavonna,
The thermostat/TOD for your oven is part # 4451442 or AP# AP3885687
Nat
lavonna  
#6 Posted : Thursday, September 18, 2008 7:53:08 AM(UTC)
lavonna

Awesome, thank you so much! I tried to find a thermal fuse but could only find the thermostat on my model but I wasn't even sure if that would solve the problem. Thank you again!
libertyappl  
#7 Posted : Thursday, September 18, 2008 8:03:06 AM(UTC)
libertyappl

Let us know if we can help with anything else.
Nat
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply