Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jkbos  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 25, 2009 3:54:51 AM(UTC)
jkbos

Groups: Registered

Hi-

Posted this questions a few days ago and go no answers so thought I would try again.

What is the best way to access the igniter electrode on the front right burner for replacement? In determining if I could do this myself I attempted to remove the cook top, by removing the three screws which hold each burner and then the cook top, but when I unscrewed the first screw it broke so have stopped, with 11 screws to go this does not look promising. Is there a better way? I see how the cook top clips to the base, but it does not appear that it can be lifted enough to access the igniter.

If this is the only option (detach burners and remove cook top) can I purchase the four burner assemblies and screws so that if the screws break off I will be able to replace all of the pieces? If so what parts do I need -- in the catalog I see the burners but not the screws? Will I need to exchange the orifices and if so is a special tool needed?

Thanks!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.