Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Sunshinemichell  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 8, 2011 5:09:57 PM(UTC)
Sunshinemichell

Groups: Registered

My oven just stopped working a few days ago. It had been acting up for bout a month and the control panel was hard to read. The numbers where really light and we have had a bunch of power surges lately. I tried to read the label on my oven to get the model. It is either WHIRLPOOL RBD275PDB1 or RBD275PDQ1. I cannot read the last three digits of the model really well. But I am a baker at home and I need my oven. I love to cook and my family is really wanting on of my cakes.
If anyone has any suggestions pls let me know. I have taken the oven apart and I hooked the volt meter to the fuse that is on the control panel. It is labeled as F1 but I have not found this on the spec sheet that I have to tell me what it is. I cannot find a trouble shooting guide for it. The oven was in the house when we bought it. The fuse is not showing any conductivity put shows electricity . I noticed the filiament in it is damanged tho. ALso it has 4 coil relays that looked to be arked out. I do not know but I can take a pic and put it on here for any help. Thank YOu .
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 9, 2011 2:50:44 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Q is white and B is black.

Here are your parts. I chose the Q1
The fuse is Item 19 in Section 7, I think
Replacement parts for WHIRLPOOL RBD275PDQ1 Built-In Oven, Electric | AppliancePartsPros.com

Here is a manual
http://appliancedigest.com/index.php?/files/file/251-kr-30-whirlpool-electric-built-in-double-oven-service-manual/
You have to join the site to download the manual but it is free and this is a very good site for manuals and other info for the appliance repair DIYer.

See the attachment for the tech sheet for a Q1 unit, B1 is the same.

F1 sounds like it is blown. It kills power to the board.

Also it sounds like the control board needs replacing.

Check for any other signs of overheating/arcing in the unit.
Also was the blower working? I believe it is supposed to come on when the oven hits a certain temperature to keep the outside of the oven cool.
File Attachment(s):
RBD275.pdf (592kb) downloaded 13 time(s).
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Sunshinemichell  
#3 Posted : Monday, June 13, 2011 10:12:54 AM(UTC)
Sunshinemichell

I got a fuse from my instructor and I am going to try to change the fuse out this afternoon when I get home. I cannot find the fuse in the diagram when it pulls it up from the post. I will let u know wha it does, Thank you
Sunshinemichell  
#4 Posted : Friday, July 8, 2011 5:47:12 PM(UTC)
Sunshinemichell

I changed the fuse and my oven began working again but now the control is going weak again. But when it first came back on the codes f2 and f3 showed up. I looked it up and it says its thermal sensor. where will I find these and where are they located. thank you . And mine is the white oven also.

Originally Posted by: denman Go to Quoted Post
Q is white and B is black.

Here are your parts. I chose the Q1
The fuse is Item 19 in Section 7, I think
Replacement parts for WHIRLPOOL RBD275PDQ1 Built-In Oven, Electric | AppliancePartsPros.com

Here is a manual
KR-30 Whirlpool Electric Built-In Double Oven Service Manual - ApplianceDigest.com
You have to join the site to download the manual but it is free and this is a very good site for manuals and other info for the appliance repair DIYer.

See the attachment for the tech sheet for a Q1 unit, B1 is the same.

F1 sounds like it is blown. It kills power to the board.

Also it sounds like the control board needs replacing.

Check for any other signs of overheating/arcing in the unit.
Also was the blower working? I believe it is supposed to come on when the oven hits a certain temperature to keep the outside of the oven cool.
denman  
#5 Posted : Saturday, July 9, 2011 1:29:10 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
The sensors are Item 29 in Sections 1 and 2.

Here is a good link, check out 7, 8, 20 and 21.
http://www.applianceaid.com/elecrange.html

The sensors should not cause dimming of the display so odds are that the control board is the problem.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply