Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
honsinsr  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 31, 2011 5:07:57 PM(UTC)
honsinsr

Groups: Registered

I recently helped install a KitchenAid double oven (model KEBS277BWH-0) that has been unused for several years(9ish). Upon initial power on, the ECR appears to operate correctly, but within a min or so the fault F-1 appears. I can clear it and if I start either oven (bake or broil) it will appear like it's running correctly, but neither will heat. I have looked for a replacement ECR but with no luck. Is there an equivalent part to replace it with or a commonly failed component on the card that would be replaceable? Is there anything else I should check before continuing down that track?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 1, 2011 1:42:03 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
I am assuming it does this on both ovens.

Since they do not say exactly what exactly they are monitoring you may want to try the following, though it is a long shot
Connector Cleaning / Checking
Unplug the unit
Open it up
Remove the ribbon cable from the keypad to the control board at the control board.
Clean the edge connector.
If it is the type where there is not a connector just the insulation is removed, it can be cleaned with a pencil eraser. Do not use an ink eraser as it is too abrasive.
Check the tracks in the ribbon cable for hairline cracks. A magnifying glass helps here.
Would not hurt to clean the connector on the board. Use electronics contact cleaner or isopropyl alcohol and a tooth brush. Be gentle and do not reconnect till all the solvent evaporates.
Reconnect everything and give it a try.

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Is there an equivalent part to replace it with or a commonly failed component on the card that would be replaceable?[/COLOR]
As far as I know there is not an equivalent part, control boards are unit specific.

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Is there anything else I should check before continuing down that track?[/COLOR]
Check the electrolytic capacitors on the board for any sign of leakage.
The larger cans on the board. This type of capacitor can dry out and cause problems. Often the capacitor can be bad but show no signs of leakage. Another problem is that a bad capacitor may have also taken out another component. Manufactures do not publish board schematics so they are difficult to repair.

There are companies out there that specialize in repairing old boards, just Google "appliance time repair"
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
danaw007  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 19, 2011 8:29:15 PM(UTC)
danaw007

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: honsinsr Go to Quoted Post
I recently helped install a KitchenAid double oven (model KEBS277BWH-0) that has been unused for several years(9ish). Upon initial power on, the ECR appears to operate correctly, but within a min or so the fault F-1 appears. I can clear it and if I start either oven (bake or broil) it will appear like it's running correctly, but neither will heat. I have looked for a replacement ECR but with no luck. Is there an equivalent part to replace it with or a commonly failed component on the card that would be replaceable? Is there anything else I should check before continuing down that track?

Let me know if you cannot repair it as I may be interested in buying the upper and lower oven outer (white) door glass. phone 425-446-1180 thanks
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply