Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
godzeye  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 13, 2009 3:52:16 AM(UTC)
godzeye

Groups: Registered

My friend that works for the power company checked to insure the proper voltage was making it to the connection at the back of the stove. The problem(s) are that when you set the oven temp to say 400, it will beep that it has reached 400, yet a thermostat inside will say like 350, after a while maybe 1/2 an hour the oven temp will go to like 425. The cooktop sems to do the same kind of thing although is not measurable with a thermostat, it just seems to take some things longer say water to boil, like the power isn't there to heat it as fast sometimes. I have read the sticky on continuity, however if you know a part, fuse or anything that may be causing this I would really rather have that answer than a need to test circuits. Thanking you in advance for any information...
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 13, 2009 5:50:58 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
My friend that works for the power company checked to insure the proper voltage was making it to the connection at the back of the stove.
The question is what was the voltage with the stove OFF and with it On.
Did the voltage drop significantly when the unit is on, this would indicate a house electrical problem.

I have read the sticky on continuity, however if you know a part, fuse or anything that may be causing this I would really rather have that answer than a need to test circuits.
Since both the stove top and the oven are affected, I would lean towards a house electrical problem. May even be a problem with the power coming into the house. There is no easy answer.

Could also be a terminal block problem. See:
http://forum.appliancepartspros...lted-terminal-block.html
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
godzeye  
#3 Posted : Saturday, February 14, 2009 3:19:21 AM(UTC)
godzeye

Groups: Registered

I have found out that there is a problem I did not know about but I will address at least the first question posed. The voltage coming into the house and at the stove with the stove off is about 247V. We did not test with the stove on. A minimal amount of voltage was lost from the meter to the stove. we tested the voltage at the terminal block, where my friend warned of the wire hole cutting into the wire and causing a pop melt situation.

However I learned that if the surface light button is pushed the stove thinks there was a power failure after every piece of light on the board lights up, but no surface light it just says PF...I was angry when i learned of this condition but it is what it is. I appreciate your rapid response and thank you for your time in this endeavor....
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply