Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tater215  
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 12, 2009 5:37:31 AM(UTC)
tater215

Groups: Registered

My wife went to bake something the other day. Turn the oven on and no heat. No heat with broil either. All range top elements work fine. Clock and all button on the control unit seem to work fine. Bake element has about 60 ohms resistance. Broil element has less. Before when you turned it on a light would come indicating the oven is heating. This light would cycle during the bake time as the oven got to temp and then cooled off and reheated to get back up to temp. Relay clicks coincided with the light on/off. Now when the oven is turned on to bake or broil the heating light comes on but there is no accompanying relay click. Do I need a new electric control panel?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 12, 2009 4:12:26 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Do the top burners work?

If "no" then check the circuit breakers.

If "yes" then pull the range out of the wall, remove the rear panel and check the wires to both heating elements. If there is nothing wrong then the control board has to be replaced.

In order to provide the right part number for the control board we need the color of the key pad.

Gene.
tater215  
#3 Posted : Friday, February 20, 2009 11:08:12 AM(UTC)
tater215

Groups: Registered

Got the new controls and fixed everything. Prior to purchasing I took the back off and made sure no wires were burnt. The stove top burners worked, all the lights, timers appeared to be working fine. I even ran the clean feature and it locked and unlocked the door and the heating light illuminated. Just no heat to either burner and no audible click from the relays. Thanks for your help and I hope that this will help someone else.
Gene  
#4 Posted : Friday, February 20, 2009 1:27:45 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
You are welcome. We are glad you were able to fix it.

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply