Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
millerm77  
#1 Posted : Sunday, February 8, 2009 4:49:55 PM(UTC)
millerm77

Groups: Registered

Our GE Built-In Oven will not turn off using the clear/off pad button. I have to hit convection bake, bake or broil and then '000' for temp before it will turn off (which gives me an error code "ERR"). I have turned the circuit breaker off and back on several times thinking this would reset it but, it was not successful. The oven heats fine and goes up to proper temp w/o any problems. Any clue as to why it would be doing this?

I made a mistake on the model number. I finally located it on the oven itself. Is is GE model #JTP18S0D1SS.

:confused:
Mike
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

kayakcrzy  
#2 Posted : Monday, February 9, 2009 4:01:09 AM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

Groups: Senior Expert

yes, you need to replace the clock control board. tom [url=]applianceeducator.com - parts[/url]
millerm77  
#3 Posted : Monday, February 9, 2009 4:52:13 PM(UTC)
millerm77

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: kayakcrzy Go to Quoted Post
yes, you need to replace the clock control board. tom applianceeducator.com - parts

how do you remove it from the clock unit from under the counter? the unit seems to be pretty tight and wedged into/under the counter top. also, is there a systematic cause to why this might have happened (surge/power outage)? i'd hate to purchase another clock board and have it do it again.
kayakcrzy  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, February 10, 2009 4:33:29 AM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

Groups: Senior Expert

it looks by the picture there are some screws under the control panel to take off. of course before you do anything, you have to kill the power to the oven. just look around the top and sides, and the bottom of the control panel for screws to take off. once the panel comes off, it is easy from there. the control board could go out because of a surge, or even just time to go, no reason. the part # for your board is wb27t10312 tom [url=]applianceeducator.com - parts[/url]
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply