Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Salpal  
#1 Posted : Monday, May 16, 2011 1:35:22 PM(UTC)
Salpal

Groups: Registered

Wish I had a better title but that's about what the whole thing boils down to. The lower baking heating element gets red hot and the unit beeps when it gets to the preheat temperature, then the preheat light comes on. No error codes displayed. Checked resistance of sensor and it came up close to 1000 ohms - a little less but the analog volt meter I have was set to 100 so it's not that accurate anyway, but it looked very close to 1000 or what is "10" on my meter at the 100X setting. Everything else seems fine but the wife is complaining that it's not cooking her food sometimes and/or getting it done - especially baking. I assume something is wrong because she has used this unit for about 11 years now since it was new. Personally I have not experienced the problem myself because I don't really do that much baking, haha. Any suggestions on what I can check or what to do?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Monday, May 16, 2011 4:01:00 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Sounds like the problem is a bad control board, especially if the oven sensor checks OK. It has the overlay glued on and it is easy to damage the overlay during removing and re-installation. So it could be a good idea to order one together with the new control board. You can return it later if it's unneeded.

- The control board Part number: AP2632445
Salpal  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 17, 2011 6:10:40 AM(UTC)
Salpal

I do hear a clicking sound coming from the control board when the oven is heating and before it reaches the set temperature. Do you know if there is any way to check the control board or maybe this clicking sound (did it maybe 3 - 5 times) would be an indication of the bad control board. The actual click I would guess to be a relay switch turning on and off but there does not seem to be a reason for it to do it so soon way before reaching temp. Thanks again.

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
Sounds like the problem is a bad control board, especially if the oven sensor checks OK. It has the overlay glued on and it is easy to damage the overlay during removing and re-installation. So it could be a good idea to order one together with the new control board. You can return it later if it's unneeded.

- The control board Part number: AP2632445
Gene  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, May 17, 2011 11:59:47 AM(UTC)
Gene

There are only two parts involved in the temperature control process. They are: the oven temperature sensor and the control board. So if the oven temperature sensor checks OK, there is nothing left but the control board.

Gene.
Salpal  
#5 Posted : Monday, May 30, 2011 8:48:33 AM(UTC)
Salpal

Thanks for the help Gene. I'm going to go ahead and order the control board. I've been busy so I could not get to this right away. I did get a chance to look at the board in the hopes that I could spot some burned out solder connections I could repair but I didn't find any. Just some discolored areas of the board.

In the process I found out that on this Hotpoint Model RB757BB1WH they don't glue the control panel to the overlay. So it's almost impossible to damage the overlay. It will be pretty simple to replace as far as I can tell as long as the wire connectors come apart without problems.

Also, I sure hope this is the right part so I don't have to return it, because there are two components to the board. One part of the board (a separate attached board) has all the wiring connections on it and fits behind or on top of the board you show in the picture. The picture you attached does not seem to show that part of it, unless it's because it upside down. If I had to separate these two parts of the board I'd need my own circuit board manufacturing facility because it's way beyond my ability from what I can see, so hopefully they come together as one unit.
Gene  
#6 Posted : Monday, May 30, 2011 4:57:51 PM(UTC)
Gene

Yes, those two pieces come as one part, so it not suppose to be a problem.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply