Discuss

Oven Error Codes

in

Oven Repair (including Ranges and Cooktops)

. "

When your oven is flashing an error code, it usually means something specific, for example F3 usually stands for a

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Oven Repair (including Ranges and Cooktops) » Oven Error Codes

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-29-2007, 11:52 AM
Administrator
APP Team

Admin / APP Team has disabled reputation
Cool Oven Error Codes
Brand: -brand-   Age: Less than 1 year   

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

When your oven is flashing an error code, it usually means something specific, for example F3 usually stands for a faulty oven sensor. To help you identify what each code means, we have put together a list of oven error codes (or fault codes, as they're called). Once you know which component has failed, simply enter your appliance model number in our part search, find and order the part, and we'll take it from there. If it says that your part is in stock, you can expect to get it in just a few days, usually within 1-2 business days.

F1 error code usually means that either the touch pad or the clock (ERC) is bad. It's simple if your model incorporates both as a single assembly - replace the clock/touch pad, problem's solved. But, when the touch pad is a separate component from the clock, how do you tell which of the two has failed, without having to replace both? Well, we have a simple test that can show you whether it's the clock (ERC) or the touch pad (membrane switch) that needs to be replaced. The test is available on the error code page right below the list of brands.

If you have additional questions, please click on the "POST NEW TOPIC" button on the previous page to post your question.

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 09-30-2007, 09:45 AM

Sailn is on a distinguished road
Default Oven Codes

Thank you for the oven codes. I do not see F7-E0 under Kitchenaid.....do you have additional information??

Thank you in advance!

Old 10-04-2007, 05:35 PM
Administrator
APP Team

Hi Sailn,

This file explains F7-E0 code in detail.

Hope this helps.
Old 10-20-2007, 11:20 AM

cshepherd is on a distinguished road
Default Jenn-Air w15w touchpad

I have a Jenn-Air w156w wall oven at least 10 years old. According to the information on your website, I need part AP184967, the touchpad. However, in your picture of the part the plastic electronic ribbon is two-pronged. The one on my oven is one flat strip. Will this still work?
Old 11-05-2007, 03:28 PM

ron speakthunder is on a distinguished road
Default Over Error Code: 5ab

While attemping to set clock back from daylight savings time the above code appeared on a Madic Chef Range and can not use oven. What has to done?
Old 11-13-2007, 01:40 AM
Administrator
APP Team

Hi Ron,

5ab code should be explained in your use and care manual. If you post your model number here, I'll try to find the manual for you.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:13 PM
Administrator
APP Team

Ron, press and hold the CLOCK button for about 5 seconds. That should turn off the Sabbath mode and get rid of the code.
Old 01-06-2008, 06:13 PM

pat.cusack is on a distinguished road
Default Frigidaire oven codes only go to F8

I did a google search which brought me to this site with the teaser that the error code F13 had something to do with a dispensor motor - which sounds like a washer.

My built in oven is displaying the F13 error code when we try to set the bake temperature. Cycling the power does not fix the problem. Any idea what it is and how to fix it?

Pat
Old 01-06-2008, 09:09 PM
Administrator
APP Team

Pat,

Frigidaire has recently come out with new error codes, including F13. We'll update our code page shortly.

F13 stands for "Bad EEPROM Identification/Checksum error". If power cycling does not help, replace the electronic oven control. You can enter your oven model number here http://www.appliancepartspros.com/partsearch/ and see price and availability for the control.

Hope this helps.
Find Appliance Parts at AppliancePartsPros.com - Largest inventory in the U.S. with 91% of all in-stock orders delivered within 2 business days. Thousands of photos and diagrams make it very easy to find the right part. Enter your appliance model here.
Old 01-09-2008, 06:20 AM

mark.sapienza@acco.com is on a distinguished road

I am getting a red F2 error code as well as an E1 code at the same time on the readout. I believe this is an indication of a bad membrane touch pad. (expensive part as you know). If so, is there anything I can check to be sure? The codes come on 60 seconds after I turn the breaker back on and cannot be removed. The whole issue actually started with the door lock mechanism not working properly. Is it possible they are related?
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.