Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ronnie719  
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 8, 2011 12:49:06 PM(UTC)
ronnie719

Groups: Registered

I have a double oven whirlpool model #rbd305prb00, I noticed the display clock going dim. About 24hrs later the display clock was completely gone but I used the oven and it worked without showing anything on the display. The next day when I tried to use the oven, I pressed upper oven and it just beeped at me and it would not work. What do you suggest?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Monday, May 9, 2011 4:33:49 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are your parts
Replacement parts for WHIRLPOOL RBD305PRB00 24" BUILT-IN ELECTRIC DOUBLE OVEN STD-CLEAN LOWER SELF-CLEAN UPPER | AppliancePartsPros.com

Here is a service manual which may come in handy.
KR-30 Whirlpool Electric Built-In Double Oven Service Manual - ApplianceDigest.com
You have to join the site to download the manual but it is free and this is a very good site for manuals and other info for the appliance repair DIYer.

See the attachment for the tech sheet.

Since you are still getting beeps I would say that the control board has gone belly up.
File Attachment(s):
RBD305.pdf (518kb) downloaded 24 time(s).
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
c.p.hansen  
#3 Posted : Sunday, April 15, 2012 7:18:03 PM(UTC)
c.p.hansen

I have the same problem and model number as mentioned here and I suspect my control board is bad. I'm trying to get to it to take it out and can't seem to get the control panel off. I removed the trim pieces fine but there are no obvious screws holding the control panel on. It looks like the panel just snaps on somehow, but when I tug it feels pretty solidly attached and I don't want to force it. There are no external screws on the control panel at all. What am I missing? Thanks in advance!

Originally Posted by: denman Go to Quoted Post
Here are your parts
Replacement parts for WHIRLPOOL RBD305PRB00 24" BUILT-IN ELECTRIC DOUBLE OVEN STD-CLEAN LOWER SELF-CLEAN UPPER | AppliancePartsPros.com

Here is a service manual which may come in handy.
KR-30 Whirlpool Electric Built-In Double Oven Service Manual - ApplianceDigest.com
You have to join the site to download the manual but it is free and this is a very good site for manuals and other info for the appliance repair DIYer.

See the attachment for the tech sheet.

Since you are still getting beeps I would say that the control board has gone belly up.
denman  
#4 Posted : Monday, April 16, 2012 3:39:44 AM(UTC)
denman

Did you download the manual, that is about the best I can do for you.
c.p.hansen  
#5 Posted : Monday, April 16, 2012 11:47:05 AM(UTC)
c.p.hansen

Yes, I downloaded it. Unfortunately the service manual shows that there are two screws on the side of the control panel that must be removed, but on my model there are no screws there. I think, unfortunately, I may have to slide the whole unit out of the wall to get to the hidden sides/back of the control panel. There must be some screws back there holding it on. Sliding out the unit probably isn't as big a deal as I am imagining, I was just hoping to avoid it. I'll let you know what I find! Thanks.
c.p.hansen  
#6 Posted : Monday, April 16, 2012 2:45:11 PM(UTC)
c.p.hansen

I got it. I had to slide the oven out from the cabinet a few inches and it exposed 4 screws on the side of the control panel. It ended up being very easy! Hopefully the repair goes as well! Thanks.
denman  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, April 17, 2012 1:51:29 AM(UTC)
denman

I will keep my fingers cross.

I would appreciate it if you would post when you have repeated the repair.
A post about how it went and parts used will help others when they search for a similar problem on your model number.

Thanks and good luck
c.p.hansen  
#8 Posted : Thursday, April 19, 2012 3:52:44 PM(UTC)
c.p.hansen

Okay, all finished and successful! Here's the summary...

I have a double oven Model rbd305prb00 as mentioned by the original poster to this thread. I had a similar problem, the display would dim and eventually would quit working all together. I opened the circuit breaker to remove power, and then closed it to power back on which reset the system. Worked fine for a week or so, then repeated. Eventually I got the error code E6 F2 and shortly after it died completely. Reading on several blogs, it was clear that the likely culprit was the elctronic control boad (which is the part that denman linked to a couple of posts earlier).

To remove the control board, I cut power to the oven via the circuit breaker, then I had to slide down the side trim pieces by first removing two screws from each side. Once they were out of the way, on this model I had to slide the whole oven unit a couple of inches out of its cabinet, which exposed 2 screws on each side of the control panel. To allow the whole unit to slide out, there were several screws that needed to be removed that were attaching to oven to the cabinet.

Once the control panel was free, there were 4 screws holding it onto the control panel (that part with the buttons you use to operate the oven). Once free, there is a small ribbon cable and multiple electrical connections that have to be carefully removed. You need to either take a picture or label the leads to make sure they go in the correct place on the new board. In my case, I left them attached to the old board, then moved the connections one at a time to the new board so I knew where they went. Access is a little tricky, but if you're patient it wasn't too bad. Once I got all the connections together, I put it back together in reverse order. When complete, I flipped the circuit breaker to restore power and it worked! All I had to do was reset the clock. I read some references that you had to program the board with your oven size, but I never had to take that step, it just came up working.

All is great for now, hopefully the repair lasts for a while! Thanks for all the great help!
c.p.hansen  
#9 Posted : Thursday, April 19, 2012 3:55:14 PM(UTC)
c.p.hansen

Just noticed that denman posted a link to several parts. The part I used to fix it was AP4909214 ...
Jaybda2nd  
#10 Posted : Thursday, June 7, 2012 9:20:11 AM(UTC)
Jaybda2nd

Originally Posted by: c.p.hansen Go to Quoted Post
Okay, all finished and successful! Here's the summary...

I have a double oven Model rbd305prb00 as mentioned by the original poster to this thread. I had a similar problem, the display would dim and eventually would quit working all together. I opened the circuit breaker to remove power, and then closed it to power back on which reset the system. Worked fine for a week or so, then repeated. Eventually I got the error code E6 F2 and shortly after it died completely. Reading on several blogs, it was clear that the likely culprit was the elctronic control boad (which is the part that denman linked to a couple of posts earlier).

To remove the control board, I cut power to the oven via the circuit breaker, then I had to slide down the side trim pieces by first removing two screws from each side. Once they were out of the way, on this model I had to slide the whole oven unit a couple of inches out of its cabinet, which exposed 2 screws on each side of the control panel. To allow the whole unit to slide out, there were several screws that needed to be removed that were attaching to oven to the cabinet.

Once the control panel was free, there were 4 screws holding it onto the control panel (that part with the buttons you use to operate the oven). Once free, there is a small ribbon cable and multiple electrical connections that have to be carefully removed. You need to either take a picture or label the leads to make sure they go in the correct place on the new board. In my case, I left them attached to the old board, then moved the connections one at a time to the new board so I knew where they went. Access is a little tricky, but if you're patient it wasn't too bad. Once I got all the connections together, I put it back together in reverse order. When complete, I flipped the circuit breaker to restore power and it worked! All I had to do was reset the clock. I read some references that you had to program the board with your oven size, but I never had to take that step, it just came up working.

All is great for now, hopefully the repair lasts for a while! Thanks for all the great help!

I'm having a helluva time putting the ribbon cable back in. Any suggestions?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply