Discuss

JES9800AAB burner replacement

in

Oven Repair (including Ranges and Cooktops)

. "

Our glass cooktop cracked and water may have cause the a burner near the crack to short as I saw

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Oven Repair (including Ranges and Cooktops) » JES9800AAB burner replacement

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-06-2011, 08:53 AM

Idratherbefishn is on a distinguished road
Default JES9800AAB burner replacement
Brand: Jenn-Air   Age: 5 - 10 years   

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

Our glass cooktop cracked and water may have cause the a burner near the crack to short as I saw a flash and heard a pop while wiping down the cook top with the burner still on. I replaced the burner but the new one still doesnot work. Is there a circuit breaker attached to the burner that I am not aware of that needs to be reset? All the other burners work fine.

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 05-06-2011, 10:00 AM
Senior Expert

Joe / APP Team is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idratherbefishn View Post
Our glass cooktop cracked and water may have cause the a burner near the crack to short as I saw a flash and heard a pop while wiping down the cook top with the burner still on. I replaced the burner but the new one still doesnot work. Is there a circuit breaker attached to the burner that I am not aware of that needs to be reset? All the other burners work fine.
Fishn,

No, there's not a "circuit breaker" in the burner assembly or wiring harness.

I'd have to think, you also shorted the burner switch for that burner, or have a crossed or damaged wire, as well.

If you could supply which burner failed/shorted, we could get you the test information and possible parts needs, if you'd like.

Good Luck,

Good Luck,

Joe M. APP TEAM

Find Appliance Parts at AppliancePartsPros.com - Largest inventory in the U.S. with 91% of all in-stock orders delivered within 2 business days. Thousands of photos and diagrams make it very easy to find the right part. Enter your appliance model here.
Old 05-11-2011, 01:23 PM

Idratherbefishn is on a distinguished road
Default Reply to burner model number

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe / APP Team View Post
Fishn,

No, there's not a "circuit breaker" in the burner assembly or wiring harness.

I'd have to think, you also shorted the burner switch for that burner, or have a crossed or damaged wire, as well.

If you could supply which burner failed/shorted, we could get you the test information and possible parts needs, if you'd like.

Good Luck,

Good Luck,

The model for the burner I replaced was 12002146 Whirlpool.
Old 05-11-2011, 03:26 PM
Senior Expert

Quote:
Idratherbefisshn,

Thats not quite what I had in mind,

Which burner, right front , right rear, etc.
What size burner, 9" dual burner, 6" dual burner, etc.

I'll try and figure it out.

Thanks,

Joe M. APP TEAM

Find Appliance Parts at AppliancePartsPros.com - Largest inventory in the U.S. with 91% of all in-stock orders delivered within 2 business days. Thousands of photos and diagrams make it very easy to find the right part. Enter your appliance model here.
Old 05-12-2011, 07:45 AM
Senior Expert

Quote:

OK, as best I can tell,

You replaced the
ELEMENT, (6`` RADIANT) 1200W Part number: AP4009117

Part number: AP4009117

MPN 12002146 / 74008573

If you need the burner infinite switch it should be, Part number: AP4088188

Part number: AP4088188

MPN 703650.

You can check the infinite switch circuits and voltages with a meter.

With the switch in the "ON" position and the wires off you should be able to read a "closed" circuit between L1 and H1 and L2 and H2 contacts on the switch.
With power applied to the range, and wires on the switch(this is a "live" voltage test so be careful) and the switch in the ON position you should read 240 VAC across L1 and L2 terminals(power in) and the H2 to H1 terminals(power out) on the switch.

Good Luck,

Joe M. APP TEAM

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.