Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
hp63  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 20, 2009 2:13:51 PM(UTC)
hp63

Groups: Registered

I have a GE JDP37G0P 38G drop in range. The broiler does not work when I turn it on to broil. While the bake element does work, in the bake mode, but the oven temperature is not what it should be, takes a long time to heat up and the strange thing is that the temperature alarm goes off well before the oven reaches the set temperature.
I checked the broiler element and the resistance is good. I checked power to both sides of the element and found one side did not have power. When I got into it further I found that when I turn it on to broil the there is power for about 20-30 seconds then the K3 relay kicks out and I loose power to that side of the broiler element. Thsi happens even with the lead to the broiler element disconnected. That being said my thought was that I need to have the ECR repaired ( see below) or is there some thing else that I should check ?

GE stopped selling the ECR’s, mine is a WB27K5073, and from what I pick up there are several places that will repair yours if you send it to them. Does anybody have any recommendations on who to send it to or who not to send it to?
Thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.