Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
krispcski  
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2011 11:16:25 AM(UTC)
krispcski

Groups: Registered

Hello there,
I have a Whirlpool double oven model RBD276PDB7.

After using my upper oven, I pushed the off button, and left the house, only to return 5 hours later to an upper oven that was abnormally hot to the touch, and locked. Because I could not get it to turn off, I had to flip the breaker to allow the oven to cool. The next morning I flipped the breaker, and the control panel appeared to work fine. The top oven was still locked.

I had a tech come in, and after some tinkering, he was finally able to unlock the upper. He replaced a fuse on the lower, and was able to get the bottom oven going. To get the top one working, he told me it would be a cost of about $700 for parts. For the life of me, I can't remember what part he told me was needed Any ideas? It seems like an incredibly high cost to fix an appliance.
thank you in advance!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2011 1:23:57 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: krispcski Go to Quoted Post
Hello there,
I have a Whirlpool double oven model RBD276PDB7.

After using my upper oven, I pushed the off button, and left the house, only to return 5 hours later to an upper oven that was abnormally hot to the touch, and locked. Because I could not get it to turn off, I had to flip the breaker to allow the oven to cool. The next morning I flipped the breaker, and the control panel appeared to work fine. The top oven was still locked.

I had a tech come in, and after some tinkering, he was finally able to unlock the upper. He replaced a fuse on the lower, and was able to get the bottom oven going. To get the top one working, he told me it would be a cost of about $700 for parts. For the life of me, I can't remember what part he told me was needed Any ideas? It seems like an incredibly high cost to fix an appliance.
thank you in advance!

Kris,
Based on your post, there are a few possibilities
A bad door switch assembly,
( click on part numbers for additional information )

Part number: AP3135403
Part number: AP3135403

A control Board,

Part number: AP3767567
Part number: AP3767567

And possibly a safety thermostat,

Part number: AP3885687
Part number: AP3885687

Does any of that ring a bell ? Unless the service man saw something I'm not aware of, I can't see the parts costing that much.

Good Luck,
:) :) :)
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply