Discuss

Helppppppp ~8 )

in

Oven Repair (including Ranges and Cooktops)

. "

Hi, I have a model JGS8750BDS stove. I need help getting info on how to replace the latch asy and

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Oven Repair (including Ranges and Cooktops) » Helppppppp ~8 )

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-22-2011, 02:02 PM

zoondoggie is on a distinguished road
Talking Helppppppp ~8 )
Brand: Jenn-Air   Age: 1 - 5 years   

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

Hi, I have a model JGS8750BDS stove. I need help getting info on how to replace the latch asy and what parts come off to get to it. I have the front display off and the sheet metal box that covers the top of the part. But how the heck do you get at the bolts to get the old part out. What is your method on reaching this puppy? Thanks for any info. ~ 8 )

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 04-22-2011, 02:37 PM
Senior Expert

Joe / APP Team is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoondoggie View Post
Hi, I have a model JGS8750BDS stove. I need help getting info on how to replace the latch asy and what parts come off to get to it. I have the front display off and the sheet metal box that covers the top of the part. But how the heck do you get at the bolts to get the old part out. What is your method on reaching this puppy? Thanks for any info. ~ 8 )
Zoondoggie,

You're 3/4 of the way there,

You could use a 1/4 in. drive rachetting socket wrench to remove the screws holding the latch assembly to the oven cavity cover. It's awkward and tight, but doable.

Your other alternative, remove the cooktop assembly,
"
Maintop Assembly Removal (Select Models)
1. Remove power from unit. 2. Remove range from installation position, see
“Removing and Replacing Range” procedure. 3. Remove front side trim, see "Front Side Trim Removal" procedure. 4. Remove air grill, grill grates, filter, aeration pan and cartridges (cartridge models). 5. Remove cartridge receptacles and grill pans (cartridge models). 6. Remove screws from plenum area at front of main top cartridge opening (cartridge models). 7. Remove screws securing top burner assembly to
lower burner assembly. 8. Label and disconnect wire terminals to ignitors.
9. Remove perimeter screws securing main top to chassis. 10.Gently lift main top away from chassis. 11. Reverse procedure to reinstall maintop assembly.
Top Burner Assembly Removal
(Select Models)
1. Disconnect power before servicing. 2. Remove screws securing burner top assembly to lower assembly. 3. Label and remove wire terminals to ignitor.

4. Reverse procedures to reassemble.

Good Luck,

Joe M. APP TEAM

Find Appliance Parts at AppliancePartsPros.com - Largest inventory in the U.S. with 91% of all in-stock orders delivered within 2 business days. Thousands of photos and diagrams make it very easy to find the right part. Enter your appliance model here.
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.