Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
patchamp  
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 21, 2011 9:54:42 AM(UTC)
patchamp

Groups: Registered

Last year, we replaced a hinge on our oven door. This year, the other hinge broke, so we replaced it. Now, with both hinges replaced, the oven door does not shut completely. If we replaced both hinge receptacles (or hinge receivers) will the door shut properly? Do we also need to replace the door liner? If so, the oven door liner does not seem to be available anymore...(no longer available from your company & no longer available from Jenn Air).

Many thanks for your help.

Blessings, Patti Champion:confused:
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 21, 2011 1:00:05 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: patchamp Go to Quoted Post
Last year, we replaced a hinge on our oven door. This year, the other hinge broke, so we replaced it. Now, with both hinges replaced, the oven door does not shut completely. If we replaced both hinge receptacles (or hinge receivers) will the door shut properly? Do we also need to replace the door liner? If so, the oven door liner does not seem to be available anymore...(no longer available from your company & no longer available from Jenn Air).

Many thanks for your help.

Blessings, Patti Champion:confused:

Patti,

It's a bit late but, you should have replaced both the hinges and both receivers at the same time.
Somethings to check :
The area around the slots for the hinge and recievers on the oven front flange, make sure the area is not distorted(bent out) you can check the door liner, with a straight edge(yard stick will do) to make sure the liner isn't bent. Check the door seal/gasket, especially along the bottom for damage and tearing. If all is OK and after you install both hinge receivers wash the door seal with hot, soapy, water, and put the oven through a 4 hour self clean cycle, to help conform the seal to the oven opening.

Part number: AP4090071
Part number: AP4090071

You should be OK from there, it will take some time and usage, but the door should eventually reach a satisfactory position (there will always be a slight difference at the top of the oven door).

Good Luck,
:) :) :)
patchamp  
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 21, 2011 1:12:36 PM(UTC)
patchamp

Hi Joe,

Thanks so much for your reply here.

My dear hubby, when trying to fix this, moved the self-cleaning latch to the right...which messed up the self-cleaning process...and we are no longer able to use it.:(

We are going to order the hinge receivers and hope for the best. I think the current receivers/receptacles are bent.

Thank you, Patti
Joe / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Thursday, April 21, 2011 1:37:40 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Hi Joe,

Thanks so much for your reply here.

My dear hubby, when trying to fix this, moved the self-cleaning latch to the right...which messed up the self-cleaning process...and we are no longer able to use it.:(

We are going to order the hinge receivers and hope for the best. I think the current receivers/receptacles are bent.

Thank you, Patti

Patti,

OK, order and install both the receivers, but you will need to expect at least a 1/2 to 3/4 in. difference, between the top and the bottom of the door. Without the high heat and the latch assembly tension, the seal wont conform, and the door will be out further at the top.
I've never done this, but you may want to try setting a high bake temperature, close and brace the door with something and allow the cycle to run a few hours, lt may be helpful ???

patchamp  
#5 Posted : Thursday, April 21, 2011 1:45:11 PM(UTC)
patchamp

Many thanks, Mr. Joe.

I'll run this idea by my dear hubby...:rolleyes:

If we decide to try this...I'll let you know what the outcome is, ok?

Again, many thanks!...and

Happy Easter!!!:p
Joe / APP Team  
#6 Posted : Friday, April 22, 2011 5:10:46 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Many thanks, Mr. Joe.

I'll run this idea by my dear hubby...:rolleyes:

If we decide to try this...I'll let you know what the outcome is, ok?

Again, many thanks!...and

Happy Easter!!!:p

Pat,

It's our pleasure

Drop us a line anytime you need help.

Happy Easter
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply