Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jacob.knight  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 19, 2011 6:23:03 AM(UTC)
jacob.knight

Groups: Registered

I know nothing about working on ranges, but I was hoping someone could at least explain to me what is wrong with my range.

A month ago, I had no problems with my range. It first began when I was operating three burners and preheating the oven at the same time. The breaker kicked out and I had pull the range from out against the wall, unplug the range, flip the breaker, plug the range back in, push it back against the wall and the range operated smoothly after I did those things. Then the range began to kick out when I was just operating one burner and using the oven as well. I went through the same process as earlier mentioned and the range worked properly again. I realized later that I could operate the burners only and the range would not kick out the breaker. Recently, I tried to operate the oven only. After preheating, the oven would only operate for about 5-10 minutes before kicking out the breaker. I went through the earlier mentioned process again and the range was back to working; however, as I went to push the range against the wall, it kicked the breaker and I went through the process all over again. Again, as I pushed the range against the wall, it kicked the breaker. The third time, I didn't push the range all the way in against the wall and the range didn't kick the breaker and remained on.

I don't know what is wrong. Can someone please advise me on the possible problems? Is this dangerous? Should it be plugged in now?

Thanks in Advance,

Jacob Knight
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.