|Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras|
Frigidaire glass top burner replacement or repair
Model Number: CPES389DC5 Brand: Frigidaire Age: 5 - 10 years
To remove the stove top:
UNPLUG THE STOVE
1) Open the oven door and remove the 4 silver screws along the under side of the black control panel frame.
2) Remove burner knobs and undo the plastic nuts that holds the control panel on.
3) Remove the six screws that hold the burner controls on.
4) Remove the silver screws that hold the outer frame on (they look like the four that were removed from the underside above the oven door in step 1).
5) Mark the wires with a black permanent marker at the couplers then undo all couplers. I numbered each connector.
6) Remove the green ground screw on the back of the burner control panel.
7) Turn over the digital control panel and mark the 2 beige connectors that attach to the digital control panel. Then undo them from the digital control panel.
8) With all the frame and control panels off remove all of the screws that hold the galvanized plate (this is what the plastic frame attaches to) on.
9) Pull the glass top forward slightly, with 2 people flip the stove top over being careful not to scratch the surface.
10) Remove the 6 screws that hold the galvanized bottom cover on. 2 on each side and 2 at the back bottom.
11) There are spring steel pieces holding the burners in place. Remove the one holding the burner you need to replace or remove.
12) BE CAREFUL, THE OUTER SEALS OF THE BURNERS THAT GO AGAINST THE CERAMIC TOP ARE VERY FRAGILE THEY BREAK EASILY. Remove the wires from the burner they are quite tight so needle nose pliers help.
13) If the combo 6" and 9" is the problem (right front) as it was on mine. Using an ohm meter see if there is current flow between the small burner coils at the connector. If there is a break it is most likely at the front connector. I used a pair of needle nose pliers and gently bent the middle element wire over the connector to the right. There seemed to be a bad connection there. Test for current flow using the ohm meter again and you should have conduction. If not test various parts of the coil and see if you can locate the break. Once located you can pull the accordion wire out a bit and overlap them, pinch them together using the needle nose pliers. Unfortunately testing requires reassembly.
14) To reassemble follow the steps in reverse order.
Ads By Google
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.
powered by AppliancePartsPros.com
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Frigidaire glass top burner out help LEEFM389FEB||jldesign||Oven Repair (including Ranges and Cooktops)||0||03-05-2010 10:32 AM|
|Replacement Glass for Frigidaire Cookmaster Ovenfirstname.lastname@example.org||Oven Repair (including Ranges and Cooktops)||0||07-25-2009 10:02 AM|
|replacement of frigidaire glass top||gretchen200||Oven Repair (including Ranges and Cooktops)||1||07-08-2009 09:07 PM|
|glass top replacement for electric frigidaire email@example.com||Oven Repair (including Ranges and Cooktops)||0||06-29-2009 08:43 PM|
|Frigidaire Glass Cook Top Replacement||lockter||Oven Repair (including Ranges and Cooktops)||3||10-31-2008 09:54 AM|