Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
BReader  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2011 2:27:51 PM(UTC)
BReader

Groups: Registered

Ordering AP4012072 as I found one wire fused to the metal bracket holding the old igniter.

Question: I noticed the old unit has a heat shields on the wires. The replacement seems to lack the heat shield or do they now make a plastic coating that can withstand the temperatures? The photo for the part also shows a red wire included with the igniter. What is that for? Thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2011 6:38:42 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: BReader Go to Quoted Post
Ordering AP4012072 as I found one wire fused to the metal bracket holding the old igniter.

Question: I noticed the old unit has a heat shields on the wires. The replacement seems to lack the heat shield or do they now make a plastic coating that can withstand the temperatures? The photo for the part also shows a red wire included with the igniter. What is that for? Thanks

BReader,

I hope the wire you found fused to the metal bracket, is one of the wires to the igniter, and not one that attaches to the Gas Valve ?

Part number: AP4012072
Part number: AP4012072

The igniter kit you're orderring, comes with several additional parts, shields wire nuts,etc. they're there to allow for flexibility and a "one shot" repair, you can modify connections as necessary. It's best that way.

You are correct, the High Temperature casing has been eliminated, from the new part, as it wasn't necessary, a cost saving decision by the manufacturer.

You'll be fine once you order and replace the part.

Good Luck,

:) :) :)
BReader  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2011 7:36:03 AM(UTC)
BReader

Groups: Registered

Thanks for the quick reply to my question. Yes the wire that was melted was from the igniter. Whoever worked on the stove years ago pinched the wire when they were reassembling the small metal bracket that screws in against the oven wall. The unit began to pop the circuit breaker when you put the broiler on. A visual inspection showed the problem.
Thanks again for answering.
Joe / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2011 8:59:08 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: BReader Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for the quick reply to my question. Yes the wire that was melted was from the igniter. Whoever worked on the stove years ago pinched the wire when they were reassembling the small metal bracket that screws in against the oven wall. The unit began to pop the circuit breaker when you put the broiler on. A visual inspection showed the problem.
Thanks again for answering.

You're quite welcome,

Great job of diagnosing the problem, you'll be up and broiling in no time.

:D :D :D
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply