Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Tyler from NC  
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 7, 2011 9:04:01 AM(UTC)
Tyler from NC

Groups: Registered

History of problem:
A few months ago an F5 error came on, but I reset the controls and it went away. About 2 months ago error F10 appeared and the only way to turn off was to trip the circuit breaker. This happened again another 2-3 times over the next couple of weeks. This usually happened when we had been using the oven for 15-20 minutes.

The bottom burner stopped working sometime along the way, then the broil/top burner stopped working. Bottom oven warmer drawer still functions, but I have not checked for temperature swings.

I have not tried replacing any parts yet, but did have a repairman come out to look at it - he suspected the heat sensor, but the test one he tried out did not resolve problem so he put back old one and said it was the EOC. I'm not thrilled about replacing the main EOC if it won't fix it - I don't have a lot of money to spend on this...

I can see that others have had similar issues but I am not sure what the diagnosis is/was and how their problem was resolved. What is the best course of action to repair - in order of price/probability?

Model # PLEFMZ99ECC

Thanks!:)
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.