Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bob_serio  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 9, 2009 11:28:28 PM(UTC)
bob_serio

Groups: Registered

I have a Viking VDSC305-4BSS dual fuel oven and I can’t get the temperature of the oven to go passed 200* F. It doesn’t matter what you set it to it always stays around this temperature. You can turn the broil on and it will come on and then go out when the oven temperature reaches about 200. All the elements seem to come on and work then go out once 200*F is reached.

After further troubleshooting I found out the following. I turned the broiler on and when it went off at 200*F I turned the oven function knob to bake and turned the oven temperature knob to 500*F and the oven light came on. As I turned the knob below 500*F the oven light went off. The oven thinks it at 500*F when it’s only at 200*F. I opened the oven door and track the temperature with my thermometer and the control knob as it went down and documented the results.
* At 200*F the oven thinks it’s at 500*F
188*F 400*F
167*F 350*F
140*F 300*F
120*F 250*F
100*F 200*F
* Measured by my Acurite Thermometer

I also found out that when I put the oven in bake mode it actually never did go completely out. The lower and upper elements gave off a little heat to maintain a temperature of about 123*F. Can anyone tell me what part is defective and where it would be located in the oven?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.