Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sowens2  
#1 Posted : Friday, April 1, 2011 1:06:45 AM(UTC)
sowens2

Groups: Registered

When you select oven and then set the temperature, the indicating panel (referred to as the clock) will show the set temperature and then default to the actual temperature, then it should fire the igniter open the gas valve & then regulate from there. However, after the temperature is set and the clock indicates the actual temperature it sets there for about 3-5 sec then it shouts off, as if you never touched any buttons and it never fires up.

So what I have done so far – I replaced the lower igniter / glow bar with one I bought new (it reads ~82 ohms and the old one read 209 ohms.) I fired it up and it worked so I put the covers on and tried it again and then it would not work any more. So then I decided to replace the broiler igniter / glow bar because of the way there wired I though it may also be failing, Now the one I replaced it with is new but I got it from a friend the resistance reading on it is ~107 ohm and the old one (original) was 248 ohms. Needless to say it still does not work. What I would like to know is what the resistance rating should be on these igniters & I do have a clamp on current meter if some one knows how much current they need to draw. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Spence
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.