Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
alhhaney  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 5, 2009 12:48:28 PM(UTC)
alhhaney

Groups: Registered

I have had numerous problems with this gas oven...sometimes the oven will work and other times it will not. It is driving my wife, and therefore me, crazy. The only advice I have received from the manufacturer is turn off the circuit breaker and wait 5 minutes to reset the circuit board. Again, sometimes this works and sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it seems like the oven heat stalls, 200 degrees or less...goes to a certain very low temp (perhaps heat from ignitors only?) It appears like the ignitors are trying to work (they are glowing) but I am not sure how this is supposed to work. Are the ignitors supposed to get to a certain temp before the oven will allow gas to flow for ignition? Could that be the problem? Any advice on what I can do to trouble shoot this further before calling in someone for a service call. I want to ensure it isn't something simple vs having to replace a circuit board or some other major and expensive component in the oven. Thanks for any advice and happy new year!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.