Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tgrimmett  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 4, 2009 4:59:41 PM(UTC)
tgrimmett

Groups: Registered

On my Jenn Air range/oven, SVD48600B, the fan keeps running after I have turned off the oven. It may run for an hour or longer. It is not the downdraft fan, nor the convection fan. Some other fan in the unit. The only way I can get it to go off in a reasonable time is to keep the oven door for ~15 min. Also, the temperature is too low. I compared with a oven thermometer, let the oven stay at 400 for 30 minutes and the oven thermometer read 360. (At 300 on the oven display, the oven thermometer matched it at 300.) I replaced the temperature sensor today and it didn't make a difference in either the temp difference or the fan continuously running. This problem first started after I ran a self-clean cycle a year ago, I got an F error code (sorry can't remember the code). I found the wires on the temp sensor burned. I replaced the sensor and it worked fine but the fan running continuously has been there since (I just put up with it) and now the temperature is too low. Any advice? Thanks in advance.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Monday, January 5, 2009 3:05:22 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
The first thing I would do is eliminate the oven sensor plug at the back of the range and hardwire it using a high temperature porcelain wire nuts. Then locate the sensor plug at the control board and measure the sensor resistance. It suppose to be about 1100 Ohms at the room temperature. Make sure there is a good connection between this plug and the control board. Post the results.

Here are the break down diagrams for the Jenn Air range Model SVD48600B

Gene.
parityviolation  
#3 Posted : Saturday, September 5, 2009 3:43:17 PM(UTC)
parityviolation

Groups: Registered

I have experiencing a similar problem with my Jenn Air oven svd48600b.

The fan turns on at 220F. It will not turn off for over an hour after the oven is off (and well under 220F). Although the temperature is less than 220F and you turn the oven back on, the fan will turn off until 220F is reached.

After the oven heats up to 375F or more the oven often will start beeping, flash FC on the screen and turn off.

The resistance of the temperature sensor at ~25C is 500 Ohm.

The temperature sensor seems to be accurate (at least to ~50 deg F) though (verified with another thermometer)

Any suggestions?
Is that temperature resistance reading within the normal range?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply