Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jack.Beer  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2007 10:35:59 AM(UTC)
Jack.Beer

Groups: Registered

Hi,

Pretty sure I need an igniter in my oven for the Bake cycle. Broil is fine and I hear relays click but no heat in Bake. Igniter is not glowing at all and I'm ready to replace it. Round style.

Does your kit work for this model. The mounting looks a bit different.

Thanks,

Jack
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Admin / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2007 7:43:00 PM(UTC)
Admin / APP Team

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
See #3 on this diagram. The bracket should be very similar to the old one.

Here is what it looks like:
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
jas11563  
#3 Posted : Sunday, December 21, 2008 11:04:14 AM(UTC)
jas11563

Hi, I know this is an old post, but it seems that this is the igniter I need to replace in my very old Roper wall oven. (I rent and this oven is not getting replaced anytime soon).
Before I buy the igniter, I need to make sure this is something that I can install myself. I am fairly handy and with good instructions can do a decent job, BUT I have no clue what I am looking at, :confused: so if there are no directions or their author expects me to have a working knowledge of ovens then I am out of luck.
Is this something a reasonably intelligent, halfway handy person can do, or should I just wave the flag and call for professional help (which at this time of year is going to leave me ordering in for Christmas dinner!)?:eek:

Thanks for any advice/help anyone can offer! Is there an "Igniter Installation for Dummies" book out there??

My Roper is many decades old, and is model number 1078126. The igniter has gone out before, and this is exactly that same scenario. In the middle of cooking dinner, the oven got to the desired temp, switched off and then just never switched back on.

Happy Holidays.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply