Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
razorblade  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 30, 2008 2:04:20 PM(UTC)
razorblade

Groups: Registered

Flat top range/oven good condition. Cooked something for several hours then lowered the oven temp to 200 degrees. The oven did not respond to the setting change and burnt the item being cooked. Then the oven would not shut off when the appropriate button was pushed, several times. I turned off power at the breaker switch, then after a short period turned it back on. The oven responded when I turned it on to 350 degrees and both the on and preheat lights illuminated. However, when I pushed the off button (a spot on the digital control panel cover), the lights went out but the oven elements remained hot (you could see their red color. I again turned off power to the unit and let it cool down for a couple of hours. I also read a post on-line in response to someone stating "My oven will not shut off" that the cause could be an oven circuit relay. So I wacked the top of the oven for the heck of it. I left the power off overnight and it appeared to work okay this morning. I called Frigidate customer service and they said it was the heat sensor (thermostadt). That was also mentioned as the second possability on the forum posting I read. However, a friend who is a repairman said it is the control panel because the over would not turn off. He thought the relay switch was in the control panel. I asked a different repairman who said the same thing. However, before plunking down $133 for the control panel, I would like more input. I found the head sensor and will conduct an ohm test on it to be sure. I could not find an oven circuit relay on the parts list nor could the person I spoke to at Frigidaire. Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.