Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jk1971  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 10, 2011 5:26:43 PM(UTC)
jk1971

Groups: Registered

I am experiencing a problem with the right front burner on this cooktop and the left rear burner does not work at all (both large elements). The right front burner heats erratically and has sometimes failed to turn off when the dial is turned to off. However, the small elements work fine. I have seen similiar posts and the most recommended fix was to change out the switch.

If you look at the frigidaire factory parts catalog (http://www.warnersstellian.com/files...s6a-ptsman.pdf) the two outer switches are labeled as detail 54(small element) and the two inner switches are labled as detail 54A(large element). However the cooktop dial controls are laid out as follows from the top to bottom on the cooktop.

Right Rear small element correct should be detail 54 and is
Left Rear large element correct should be detail 54A and is
Left Front small element incorrect should be 54 but is 54A
Right Front large element incorrect should be 54A but is 54

If this is the case, then the wrong switches were installed from the manufacturer on the left front and right front elements. Can someone verify this other than me? If it doesn't matter, then why are there different part numbers for detail 54 and 54A? I just want to make sure I order and install the switches correctly.

Thanks,

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.