Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
elricw  
#1 Posted : Sunday, February 20, 2011 5:07:22 PM(UTC)
elricw

Groups: Registered

Dropped heavy knife on glass and cracked glass, ordered new top and replaced being carefull to install same as original, first time I used center 15k burner about 5 minutes into cooking heard crack and 3 cracks radiated from
center burner. Other four burners had already been used for more than 15 minutes. I am getting 1 more glass top and want to make sure I did not install incorrectly, asuming replacement had defect and caused termal crack.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Monday, February 21, 2011 12:58:10 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: elricw Go to Quoted Post
Dropped heavy knife on glass and cracked glass, ordered new top and replaced being carefull to install same as original, first time I used center 15k burner about 5 minutes into cooking heard crack and 3 cracks radiated from
center burner. Other four burners had already been used for more than 15 minutes. I am getting 1 more glass top and want to make sure I did not install incorrectly, asuming replacement had defect and caused termal crack.

Elric,

A few things to check and, do when you install the next cooktop glass.

Check the burner venturi's, under the glass, make sure there is no debris and that the flat surface is smooth on the area that touches the glass from underneath.

Also check the top rim of the burner box for the same, if there's anything smaller than you'd imagine, causing pressure in any point / area of that cooktop, it could cause the glass tp crack/break, once it's hot.

When installing the burner base(s), make sure the foam seal is flat, and properly seated on the glass. And DO NOT over torque the burner base mounting screws(finger tight then 1/4 turn)and the glass frame/burner box mounting screws as well.

Good Luck,
:) :) :)
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply