Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
lucky33000  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 16, 2008 9:30:52 AM(UTC)
lucky33000

Groups: Registered

When I turn on the left front knob, it give a spark to all of the burners. The left front burn gets gas & spark but does not light. I bought this used recently & I need a Manuel for it too. Ty
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

abadfish66  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 16, 2008 9:50:34 AM(UTC)
abadfish66

Groups: Senior Expert

All burners will spark until the burner you are turning on lights. Make sure the burner and cap are on properly. Scratch the surface of the ignitor and also the burner where the spark hits. Make sure the little hole for the gas to come through the burner is clear and not clogged. You can get a manual at geappliances.com
lucky33000  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 16, 2008 9:59:05 AM(UTC)
lucky33000

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: abadfish66 Go to Quoted Post
All burners will spark until the burner you are turning on lights. Make sure the burner and cap are on properly. Scratch the surface of the ignitor and also the burner where the spark hits. Make sure the little hole for the gas to come through the burner is clear and not clogged. You can get a manual at geappliances.com

Ok I will try to scratch the surface of the ignitor, but it did not do this before. The little hole is clear, any other suggestions?, how can I open the cook top?
abadfish66  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, December 16, 2008 10:27:53 AM(UTC)
abadfish66

Groups: Senior Expert

Take all the burners off, remove the screws, then get a putty knife and push in on the spring clips at the front under the cooktop, thee are 2 of them. The burner that wont light, can you see the spark? And if you are refering to all the burners sparking when you said it did not do this before, yes actually it did do it before...All burners will spark when you turn on one burner, until the gas is lit. Once the gas is lit, the flame changes the resistance of the ignitor, and sends the signal to the spark module to tell it that the burner is lit, and to stop the spark.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply