Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
gmg3  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 9, 2011 8:46:50 PM(UTC)
gmg3

Groups: Registered

Our Thermador RDF30QW range (Ser# 95120118) has three problems, and I'd like advice on what's easily repairable (and new part numbers if known). First, the right front burner no longer lights from its own control, but will light if I turn on a second burner at the same time. Second, the convection fan no longer runs on "Convect" mode - it's been starting up slowly until recently, but now not at all. Finally, like other posts, the digital display can't be seen anymore - it's been a problem for several years. Is part number AP2836528 the correct replacement? Is it still available?

Appreciate any help you can offer...
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Servicer  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 15, 2011 5:51:37 PM(UTC)
Servicer

Groups: Senior Expert

Quote:
First, the right front burner no longer lights from its own control, but will light if I turn on a second burner at the same time

Does the red light to the left turn on when trying to light the r/f burner?

Yes = Spark Module
No = Spark Switch

Quote:
Second, the convection fan no longer runs on "Convect" mode - it's been starting up slowly until recently, but now not at all.

This is, most likely, a bad fan. The only other thing I can think of is a bad wire connection at the fan or a bad connection on the ERC (Clock).

Quote:
Finally, like other posts, the digital display can't be seen anymore - it's been a problem for several years. Is part number AP2836528 the correct replacement? Is it still available?

If there's a good 120vac at the ERC, it's bad. The part is no longer available, however, it can be rebuilt by CoreCentric Solutions. Their number is 866-737-2244. The Thermador number for the ERC is 486752, which is what CCS knows it as.

Good Luck,
KC
gmg3  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 16, 2011 10:44:19 AM(UTC)
gmg3

Thanks for the info - it's quite helpful. But I did have a followup question. In your response to the problem with the r/f burner, you asked if the red light to the left came on - I'm lost. I can't find, and don't remember ever seeing, a red light indicating burner function. There's no such indicator on the ERC (even if it was visible), and I'm not sure where to look. If this is a braindead question, my apologies.

Gordon
Servicer  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, February 16, 2011 11:06:53 AM(UTC)
Servicer

Groups: Senior Expert

Sorry, I was thinking of an RDFS unit, which has the exlo feature. These units have red lights to remind customers that the burners are on.

On your unit, another way to check is by noticing if the other burners are sparking while the R/F is trying to spark.

If yes = spark module
If no = spark switch

You may also want to make sure the burner base is clean and in good shape. I've seen situations where a bad, dirty or poorly grounded base will prevent the spark from jumping across from the igniter.

KC
gmg3  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, February 16, 2011 2:26:21 PM(UTC)
gmg3

Thanks, KC - I thought I was going mad (looking for the red light...) From your last post, I'm pretty sure it's the spark switch. As noted, the r/f igniter works perfectly if I turn on any other burner at the same time. The r/f by itself does not spark. If it is the switch, I'm having trouble finding a replacement in the APP.com website. I've entered Thermador, model RDF30QW, and then chosen the earlier serial number option. The schematic for gas manifold seems to be the one I'm looking for but it doesn't list "switch", only "valve" (and of course the r/f (orange) valve is "not available".) "Valve" doesn't seem right - am I looking at the wrong schematic?
sangha  
#6 Posted : Saturday, August 27, 2011 3:22:30 AM(UTC)
sangha

Originally Posted by: Servicer Go to Quoted Post
Does the red light to the left turn on when trying to light the r/f burner?

Yes = Spark Module
No = Spark Switch

what are the part numbers for the above spark module and spark switch?
for a RDSS30QB thermador range.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply