Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dennis728  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 7, 2011 5:44:03 PM(UTC)
dennis728

Groups: Registered

I have a Kenmore stove that has a problem with the oven. The tenants who use the stove told me it started to take longer and longer for the stove to warm up and finally it just didn't do anything.

The igniter glows a nice bright red when the oven knob is turned on but no gas is sent to the burner. The burners on top of the stove work fine.
It is a simple stove with no electronics other than the clock. I replaced the gas valve but still no gas. I did get a new thermostat and wired it up as it is part of the front oven switch but again no results.

FYI: Rather than take the time to completely remove the switch and feed the thermostat through the stove into the oven chamber I just connected the two wires from the old switch to the new one without it being secured to the stove. I was able to turn on the stove and have the igniter glow a nice red but since no gas came out I assumed the problem was something else and connected the wires back to the present switch. Would it have mattered if it wasn't screwed and secured in place?
The fact that I was able to turn the igniter on gave me the impression that it worked but was not the problem.
Any ideas on what the problem could be or what is left to replace?
Your suggestions are very welcome.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.