Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
TXgeorge  
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 3, 2011 2:32:47 PM(UTC)
TXgeorge

Groups: Registered

Had a power failure to the entire home in the middle of the self cleaning cycle of the Kitchen Aid double convection oven. Now the keypad control panel is out, no lights at all. Can't get it back on. The door to the upper oven has remained in the locked position and can't open it to check the model/serial # which is inside. Tried flipping the circuit breaker from off to on for varying lenghts of time to no avail. Kitchen Aid customer service was of very little help, they want to immediately dispatch a tech without trying to troubleshoot a little on the phone. I sense they know what the problem is but won't tell me over the phone, they want the dollars to go to the tech service call. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 3, 2011 4:14:36 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
The first thing you may want to do is unlock the upper oven door to find the model number.

Open the lower oven door and remove the screw from each of the two side trim pieces. Pull the bottom of the side trim out approximately 2", and slide the top down to free it from the control panel. Remove the screws from the oven control panel. Pull it out at the bottom, and lift and unhook it from the oven cabinet support at the top.

The door lock is now accessible.

Post the complete model number of the oven.

Gene.
TXgeorge  
#3 Posted : Friday, February 4, 2011 1:58:39 PM(UTC)
TXgeorge

I'll give that a try. A little nervous about taking this thing apart, afraid it won't go back nice and clean the way it is now.
TXgeorge  
#4 Posted : Sunday, February 6, 2011 12:11:53 PM(UTC)
TXgeorge

Managed to get the control panel off, not easy. I also was able to unlock the upper oven and get the Model and Serial: KEBC208KSS02 and XR1505280.

Haven't been able to figure out how to permanently keep the locking mechanism open. Was able to unlatch it to open the door but the locking latch won't stay in the unlocked position. Any tips here? Thanks.

George
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply