Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dvdb  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 8, 2008 3:47:56 PM(UTC)
dvdb

Groups: Registered

My oven Broiler doesn't work - most of the time. I found a way to make it work, but I need to get at the back of the control panel in order to do so, so I'm wondering what part I need to replace (or can replace). I also need help finding the correct part - the part numbers listed on this site are different than the ones I see on my part, and not all pictures are available.
When I try to Broil, it rarely heats (for the last month). Once in a while it does though. I found that if I tap a relay or fuse or contact switch (or something) on the back of the control panel, it sparks a bit and then the Broiler begins to work. Maybe the contacts are corroded or bad? Can I fix that? Can I replace just one part on the back of the touchpad/control module?
If I hold the Cancel button on the Control Panel for about 20 seconds, an error code of
My Oven is a Whirlpool, Model RF396LXEQ0.
It is White
The main Board/Control Panel has a number on the back of 60C06510104. I don't see that part number listed on your web site.
The part that I tap to make the Broiler work looks a bit like a white spool of thread, and it contains a contact switch. That part number is T90N1D42-24, or 9708. It has printing that says it's 240V AC 30 Amp, and more printing that says 10 Amp 240V AC.
Can I replace just that contact switch, or do I have to replace the whole board?
If I replace the whole board - which part number do I order? None of them match the part numbers you have listed, and there isn't a picture for one of the Part Numbers so I can't see what it looks like.
:confused:
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Monday, December 8, 2008 6:21:34 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: dvdb Go to Quoted Post
...the part numbers listed on this site are different than the ones I see on my part...
...If I hold the Cancel button on the Control Panel for about 20 seconds, an error code of...

The numbers you see on your parts are not a valid Whirlpool part numbers. That's why they did not come up.

Which error code did you see? This is very important.

So far, according to your description, looks like the control board has gone bad. In order to provide the correct part number for the control board we need the color of the touch pad.

The control board

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Here are the break down diagrams for the Whirlpool range Model RF396LXEQ0

Gene.
dvdb  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 9, 2008 8:57:20 AM(UTC)
dvdb

Gene,

Thanks for your reply. The oven Control Panel/Touch Pad is WHITE. The Error Code I see when I hold the Cancel button is E0 -F2-
The oven is probably 11 years old (we built the house in Nov of 1997), and the Control Touch Pad has never been replaced, so I'm not sure why it isn't a valid Whirlpool Part Number.
Can I just replace that relay switch/fuse on the back of the Control Panel? That's the part that looks a bit like a spool of white thread, and that's the part that I tap and it sparks a bit - then the broiler will work for that cycle. There is another part exactly like it just above the one that isn't working. I'm sure it would be much cheaper than replacing the entire Touch Pad, but I'm not sure how it's connected to the Touch Pad since I never removed the Touch Pad to see the other side of it. Is there a way to clean the connectors - the copper part that moves to make a connection when the broiler should turn on?

Thanks,
DVDB
Gene  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, December 9, 2008 10:35:58 AM(UTC)
Gene

"F2-E0" error code means "shorted key" on the key panel (aka a touch pad) and correction is to replace the control board because the touch pad is a part of it and you can not replace it separate.

The numbers you posted are the manufacturer part numbers for their communications and references with Whirlpool. Whirlpool does not use them as official part numbers.

I did not get clear which part(s) did you tap. If this a part of the control board then you can not replace just that part. Can you post a pictures of it?

Gene.
dvdb  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, December 9, 2008 10:57:51 AM(UTC)
dvdb

Gene,

I will attach a picture. It's actually a picture from your website, and I added a Blue circle around the part that I tapped to get the Broiler to work. On your website, there are 3 part numbers for the Control panel, and pictures are provided for 2 of those parts, but not the 3rd. I'm assuming that the part number that doesn't have a picture is merely a different color, but I want to make sure before I order the part. I also wanted to make sure I couldn't just replace the part that I tapped because I'm sure that would be much cheaper than replacing the whole touch pad.

I'm guessing that I'll need to order Part Number AP3095811. Does that sound correct for a WHITE control panel?

Thanks Again,
Duane
dvdb attached the following image(s):
Capture 1.JPG
Gene  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, December 9, 2008 11:05:28 AM(UTC)
Gene

Duane,

The part you circled is a relay and it is a part of the control board, which has to be replaced for two reasons: the error code and the Broil, not working properly.

The part number AP3095811 is the correct part number.

Gene.
funky036  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2012 8:03:43 PM(UTC)
funky036

I am having the same problom. The broiler lights up then shuts off. I think it has to do with the connection because everthing else is working. I'll let you know if I figure it out. I tried heating the oven and that didn't work for me.
Gene  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, March 14, 2012 6:08:04 PM(UTC)
Gene

What is the complete model number of the unit?

Gene.
Gene  
#9 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2012 10:05:19 AM(UTC)
Gene

Can you be more specific on the problem please?

What is the complete model number of the unit?

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply