Discuss

How to remove cooktop glass and put back?

in

Oven Repair (including Ranges and Cooktops)

. "

An old thread, but this thread helped me with the switch repair on my glass top Kenmore (91132355591). I ordered

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Oven Repair (including Ranges and Cooktops) » How to remove cooktop glass and put back?

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-10-2014, 05:39 AM

dkraines is on a distinguished road

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

An old thread, but this thread helped me with the switch repair on my glass top Kenmore (91132355591). I ordered the switch (WB24T10071). I didn't need the tape.

The burner drip pans attach the burner box to the glass, once I removed those, a gentle pry between the glass and burner box and the burner box easily separated from the glass (it was not glued on one side, but probably sticky from age). I replaced the switch, and lined up the burner box to the drip pans to screw back together.

This was about a 5 to 10 minute repair.

Cheers!

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 05-12-2014, 06:04 AM
Senior Expert

Joe / APP Team is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkraines View Post
An old thread, but this thread helped me with the switch repair on my glass top Kenmore (91132355591). I ordered the switch (WB24T10071). I didn't need the tape.

The burner drip pans attach the burner box to the glass, once I removed those, a gentle pry between the glass and burner box and the burner box easily separated from the glass (it was not glued on one side, but probably sticky from age). I replaced the switch, and lined up the burner box to the drip pans to screw back together.

This was about a 5 to 10 minute repair.

Cheers!
Dkraines, Great Job... Thanks for the update, we're glad all went well for you.

Joe M. APP TEAM

Find Appliance Parts at AppliancePartsPros.com - Largest inventory in the U.S. with 91% of all in-stock orders delivered within 2 business days. Thousands of photos and diagrams make it very easy to find the right part. Enter your appliance model here.
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.