Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
cee-dub  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 29, 2011 6:41:03 AM(UTC)
cee-dub

Groups: Registered

I want to replace my Maytag gas oven cooktop and change the color from almond to white. Is AAL in my model the color indicator? If I select the AAW model instead would that be a white top?
Also, how does the top come off? I see that is can lift from the front but there are silver curved plates at the rear with no screws showing. Do these snap off exposing removable screws?
Thanks Cee-Dub
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Monday, February 7, 2011 6:12:56 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: cee-dub Go to Quoted Post
I want to replace my Maytag gas oven cooktop and change the color from almond to white. Is AAL in my model the color indicator? If I select the AAW model instead would that be a white top?
Also, how does the top come off? I see that is can lift from the front but there are silver curved plates at the rear with no screws showing. Do these snap off exposing removable screws?
Thanks Cee-Dub

Cee-dub,

Sorry, for the delay in a response to your post.

Your presumptions are on target,

Yes , you would use the AAW model number to order the white colored parts.

How far are you going to take this color change ?

Burners, control panel, grates etc. ?

Here are your basic top removal instructions :

First,
Turn off power to the range, you should also turn off the gas supply, at the wall.

Remove the grates, and remove the burner(s)
(You should mark the location of the burner(s)and igniter wires as you remove them)
To remove the burner, grasp and turn the complete burner assembly 1/4 turn, counterclockwise, (as long as the top,and burners are not warm, you should be able to do this without any tools) lift the burner out of the top and disconnect the wires attached to the terminals of the burner.

Part number: AP4415505
Part number: AP4415505

With the burners removed, you should see the two screws holding the burner support(s) to the cook top( 12 o'clock position on the rear burner, and 6 o'clock position on the front burner), remove those four screws.

Part number: AP4392878
Part number: AP4392878

With a putty knife or similar tool, approximately 4 inches in from the corner, there are spring clips(one on each side) find the clips and press in to release the clips and you can raise the top,and slide it towards you a few inches, and lift it up and off the range cabinet.

Reverse the procedure and test the unit.

*** Make sure you try your best not to disturb the gas lines or burner assemblies, the tubing is very delicate and could loosen, crack, and you'd have a gas leak, make sure you don't pinch or force any of the burner wires as well ***

I"ll keep an eye out for future post's, should you need more assistance,

Good Luck,

:) :) :)
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply