Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Pat Lea T.  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 25, 2011 7:03:50 AM(UTC)
Pat Lea T.

Groups: Registered

My Hardwick Smooth Top (Magic Chef product, bought in April, 1992) serial # 52C137715027 oven would not heat. I replaced the oven heating unit w/ one I ordered from AppliancePartsPros.com but it heats only to 250 degrees. No fuse is bad as far as I can see. I think I need a new thermostat. Can I order that, and does it come w/ installation instructions? If so, what does it cost? Thank you for help.
Pat Lea T.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 25, 2011 8:26:51 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Pat Lea T. Go to Quoted Post
My Hardwick Smooth Top (Magic Chef product, bought in April, 1992) serial # 52C137715027 oven would not heat. I replaced the oven heating unit w/ one I ordered from AppliancePartsPros.com but it heats only to 250 degrees. No fuse is bad as far as I can see. I think I need a new thermostat. Can I order that, and does it come w/ installation instructions? If so, what does it cost? Thank you for help.
Pat Lea T.

Pat,

You don't have a thermostat on your range, you have an ERC/clock.

(And that part has been discontinued by the manufacturer)

But, lets try a couple of things first.

Do the cooktop burners work properly ?

Check and make sure both breakers in the breaker panel are set and locked in place.

*** turn off the power to the range***

You'll need to slide the range out and remove the back panel, so you can check for any damaged, loose wires going to both of the elements, and the oven temp sensor connector for the same.

If everything looks and checks OK,

You'd want to test the oven temperature sensor with a multi meter(1050 to 1100 ohms at room temperature) or replace it,

Part number: AP4009009

:) :) :)
Pat Lea T.  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 2, 2011 11:35:32 AM(UTC)
Pat Lea T.

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: Joe / APP Team Go to Quoted Post
Pat,

You don't have a thermostat on your range, you have an ERC/clock.

(And that part has been discontinued by the manufacturer)

But, lets try a couple of things first.

Do the cooktop burners work properly ?

Check and make sure both breakers in the breaker panel are set and locked in place.

*** turn off the power to the range***

You'll need to slide the range out and remove the back panel, so you can check for any damaged, loose wires going to both of the elements, and the oven temp sensor connector for the same.

If everything looks and checks OK,

You'd want to test the oven temperature sensor with a multi meter(1050 to 1100 ohms at room temperature) or replace it,

:) :) :)

Thanks Joe. Yes to each of your questions. One last question for you. Does any other smooth top range have a replacement ERC/clock that can be used in my Hardwick serial # 52C137715027? Thanks again. Pat Lea T.
Joe / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Thursday, February 3, 2011 5:52:27 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Pat Lea T. Go to Quoted Post
Thanks Joe. Yes to each of your questions. One last question for you. Does any other smooth top range have a replacement ERC/clock that can be used in my Hardwick serial # 52C137715027? Thanks again. Pat Lea T.

Pat,

I've searched several of our repair parts sources,

And am unable to find an available part, or a substitute part that will work in your unit.

Your manufacturing part number is :

7601P175-60

You may want to check other appliance parts sources in your area, or the internet for antique / old parts for a replacment control.

:( :( :(
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply