|Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras|
Model Number: KESc307hbs8 Brand: Kitchen Aid Age: 5 - 10 years
I recently ordered and replaced from here the interior oven glass door. Instead of doing it myself I ended up hiring a repair person because KitchenAid told me it was important to get the gaskets in right etc. or it could cause other problems. They said the work would be guaranteed in case something else happened. Now 2 days later I am getting this Error F2-E1 message. When I looked it up online it said "F2 - E1 Keypad cable unplugged"
1. Check keypad connector for firm connection (keypad connects to control board).
2. Press CANCEL. If error code returns after 60 seconds, replace keypad (also called touch pad or membrane switch). Some models incorporate keypad in to control board as one unit. In this case, replace control board (also called ERC or clock
Can they be related or not? I want to check to see if I need a new control panel but do I have to slide the unit out to access the panel or can I get access to it without doing that. I found instructions on checking the unit but not how to get to the panel.
I appreciate your help. I think I can replace this myself if I have to, but need help figuring out how to get to the control panel before I start. These are the instructions that I found here regarding checking the control panel
1. Disconnect power to the range (unplug the range power cord or turn the power off to the range at the circuit breaker). It is very important that the power to the range has been disconnected, so please double check before continuing.
2. Gain access inside the control panel.
3. Disconnect the touch pad (also called keypad or membrane switch) ribbon from the ERC.
4. Make sure there are no lose wires, or anything else that may cause a short when power is turned back on. Assemble the control panel back the way it was.
5. Turn the power back on.
6. Wait for at least one hour to see if the F1 code comes back (usually accompanied by a beeping sound).
7. If F1 comes back, replace the ERC. If it does not, replace the touch pad.
Ads By Google
Last edited by willsfamily4 : 01-18-2011 at 03:51 PM. Reason: more info
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.
powered by AppliancePartsPros.com
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|F2-E0 error||wrrhodesjr||Oven Repair (including Ranges and Cooktops)||2||03-19-2010 07:33 PM|
|frigidaire error code F10 - not listed in your error codes||Skully26||Oven Repair (including Ranges and Cooktops)||2||02-16-2010 04:29 AM|
|error 160||Blake1111||Oven Repair (including Ranges and Cooktops)||0||10-19-2009 03:50 PM|
|error email@example.com||Washer Repair||1||10-12-2009 12:05 PM|
|F H error||oldbridgeguy||Washer Repair||1||07-29-2009 03:58 PM|