Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
WallyJ  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 14, 2011 7:32:42 PM(UTC)
WallyJ

Groups: Registered

Replaced left front element (DWG REF # 56) GE P/N WB30T10003 (existing coil had a break & burn mark). Also replaced SW INF. Control 6" BRNR (DWG REF # 3). Left front burner still does not work. Red Surface Units Light on back panel & Red Hot Surface Lights(S) on stove top work for all burners. 3 of 4 burners okay. How come the left front will not work?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

kayakcrzy  
#2 Posted : Saturday, January 15, 2011 3:41:33 AM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

Groups: Senior Expert

If you put in a new switch and a new element it has to work, unless, you did something wrong. Look at the switch, and then look at the other switches, and be sure a wire did not come off, another switch terminal, that would feed power to that switch. At this point, the only thing it will be is a wire off, or, you wired it wrong. Tom ApplianceEducator.com
WallyJ  
#3 Posted : Saturday, January 15, 2011 6:49:19 PM(UTC)
WallyJ

Tom,

Thank you for your response. I checked the wiring. That's not the problem. To test that theory I swapped the 6" burner elements. The problem swapped locations. Now left front works. Right rear does not work. I bought a second element. Same problem. I used the online parts search to identify the part and verified the same p/n w/ our local GE appliance parts representative. Do you have a data base available to you to identify a p/n that will work? There was a discrepancy between 1400 watt and 1500 watt. I have been using GE p/n WB30T10003 (1500W) for GE Model # JBP78G V1BB, Serial # GM215898G, approx. purchase date 1994. Will you help me?
Walter
kayakcrzy  
#4 Posted : Sunday, January 16, 2011 5:23:28 AM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

Groups: Senior Expert

That is the same part # I came up with. The only thing I could think of is you have a bad element. Tom ApplianceEducator.com
WallyJ  
#5 Posted : Sunday, January 16, 2011 5:38:53 AM(UTC)
WallyJ

Thank You. Walter
WallyJ  
#6 Posted : Friday, January 28, 2011 11:02:55 AM(UTC)
WallyJ

Terminal positions on the thermal switch are changed on the replacement element. Wiring by position will not work. See terminal markings on old and new thermal switch.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply