Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
SPC548  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 5, 2011 9:20:43 PM(UTC)
SPC548

Groups: Registered

Does ANYONE know why a 5 year old Thermador oven suddenly won't heat? The 4 burner gas range works, and the broiler works too, the oven light works, but the oven does NOT heat up? It is NOT self cleaning. I can hear the blower when on convection bake, but no heat! I am out of work and would really appreciate anyone who could tell me what to do or what part I need. PLEASE email me if you can help. Thank you so much!!!

SPC548@aol.com
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

dvan  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 12, 2011 7:11:55 PM(UTC)
dvan

I have a thermador 364 glus and there is a gas control valve mounted in the centre on the back panel
to access pull the grill out and you can see the valve mounted there
There is a technical way to diagnose it but I find this works just as well.
Turn on the stove, let it warm up for 2 minutes Make sure the ignitor is lit up (peek through the small hole at the bottom in the centre of the stove) if it is then give the valve a slight hit -- if the stove fires up you know you need the new gas valve
they are about a $110 and easy to install
hope that helps
SPC548  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 12, 2011 10:30:25 PM(UTC)
SPC548

Thanks so much for your response. I will try what you suggested and hope it works on my model rang oven PG304. However, when you say: "turn on the stove, and let it warm up 2 minutes" I am assuming you mean the gas burners, because my oven will not heat up! That's the problem, IT WON'T HEAT! Any other suggestions if it's the oven you told me to warm up? Thermador told me they do not have any information except the booklet included with the range, which is pretty much just "how to cook and clean the range." They were real helpful...NOT! As a woman, (and a personal chef), I am at a total loss as far as technology goes...and now I've lost my oven. :o Thanks again for your response.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply