Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Zac  
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 29, 2008 12:15:15 AM(UTC)
Zac

Groups: Registered

I have a Gaggenau Oven Model EB985610 F7611 that failed me for the first time in 9 years.

It does not warm up and the cooling fan (that blows air out from the bottom of the unit) stays on all the time. Interior lights does not come on anymore and display flashes 85 sometimes.

I turned it off on the main breaker to see if it might reset. Door locked itself and eventually unlocked. I tried it again and for a moment it was working again. Heard the clicking of solenoids and down it went again.

At this time I think it is the control board. Do you think the same? Any help will be much appreciated. Thank you very much. Zac
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Saturday, November 29, 2008 5:19:06 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi Zac,

Unfortunately there is no on-line access for any Gaggenau technical information and/or documentation. Maybe someone from our experts is an authorized Gaggenau service provider and can help you better.

Gene.
Asraa A  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 1, 2011 2:35:48 PM(UTC)
Asraa A

Hello I just got a gaggenau oven from a friend. I plug it in, and know tht the electric work is working but the oven is not heating up. There is a lock and key sign on the oven, so I was wondering if that had anything to do with it not heating up. If that is the problem, how do I unlock the oven so that it could heat up. The call number of this product is eb 985-610... I would appreciate any help. Thank you.
denman  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 2, 2011 12:56:11 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Sounds like the keypad is locked so you cannot enter anything.

I could not find info at the Gaggenau site on this unit but below is an excerpt from a different model, with luck yours will be the same.

The childproof lock is active when the "Key" symbol lights up.

Deactivating the childproof lock:
Press the "Lock" button until the "Key" symbol goes out.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Asraa A  
#5 Posted : Thursday, November 3, 2011 3:50:59 PM(UTC)
Asraa A

Hello Denman,
Thank you for your reply. I tried this, but it didnt work. The key symbol as it indicates in the booklet is just when the door is locked when the oven is working. I tried to press the start button as you suggested but it didnt work. The child safety symbol is different then the key. Any suggestions as to how I could move the key symbol off and how to get the oven to heat up. The oven is new and never has been used. When I put it on, all I hear is the fan, and the light is opened, but it is just not heating up. Any new suggestions.
Much appreciated!
Asraa
Jaronbaer  
#6 Posted : Friday, November 4, 2011 1:39:26 AM(UTC)
Jaronbaer

1 Year Warranty and Same Day Dispatch On Ray Ban Sunglasses.Discounts on Ray Ban!Sign up today for Instant Access.Cheap Ray Ban on ******** for less. Cheap ray ban. Bid now! Buy Save on Wholesale Ray-Ban Find NexTag Sellers' Lowest Price! And Save Big Designer Closeout Sales Buy Direct from China Factories. Sale Prices Latest Fashions and Styles on Sale Name Brands on Sale!
denman  
#7 Posted : Friday, November 4, 2011 2:44:53 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Sorry but without any technical info available I cannot help.
I cannot even find a decent operators manual.

Since it is new why not get it fixed under warranty?
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply