Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
walkertx  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 2, 2011 9:23:55 AM(UTC)
walkertx

Groups: Registered

Our built-in electric single oven went dead after we tried self-clean. The door was locked and the control panel is blank (no power). All previous posts of the similar issues that I found are referring to double oven models. Could anyone please help to check/confirm if my model RBS305PDB16 has thermal fuse in the control board? I don’t see a fuse similar to AP3110028 in the board.

In addition, I noticed that one component of “C21” in electric board was burned out. I could not figure out what it was. Was it a Capacitor or a fuse? Do I have to replace whole electric board?

Any help/input is appreciated.
Walker
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

kayakcrzy  
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 2, 2011 12:34:53 PM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

Groups: Senior Expert

If you take the back panel of the oven off, there is a thermostat back there. It has 2 wires coming to it. That could be your problem. Trying jumping it out, with the power off, and then see if the oven works. If so, replace the thermostat, and the sensor. The oven got to hot, and blew the thermostat. Tom Appliance Educator, Appliance Parts, Washer and Dryer Parts, Refridgerator and Freezer Parts, Stove and Oven Parts
denman  
#3 Posted : Monday, January 3, 2011 4:21:32 AM(UTC)
denman

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]All previous posts of the similar issues that I found are referring to double oven models.[/COLOR]
They are basically the same.

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Could anyone please help to check/confirm if my model RBS305PDB16 has thermal fuse in the control board? I don’t see a fuse similar to AP3110028 in the board.[/COLOR]
It would be in a wire going to the board. If you do not see it then odds are your unit does not have one.
This unit does not show one but I am hesitant to say for 100% that it does not as often they do not show up on wiring diagrams.
Note it may have a different color shrink wrap so you may just see a bulge in the wire.

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]In addition, I noticed that one component of “C21” in electric board was burned out. I could not figure out what it was. Was it a Capacitor or a fuse?[/COLOR]
It will be a capacitor.
[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]
Do I have to replace whole electric board?[/COLOR]
Yes.
Manufactures do not publish board schematics so they are difficult to repair.

The thermal cut-out will cut power to the elements but the control board should still run.

Sounds like at the very least you need a new control board.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
walkertx  
#4 Posted : Monday, January 3, 2011 11:24:48 AM(UTC)
walkertx

Groups: Registered

kayakcrzy and denman, thank you for your help.

I have checked the wires going to the board. I guess it does not have one.

[FONT=&quot]The cut-off thermostat on the back of oven might went bad as well, but I would start with the control board issue first. I have ordered a new control board and will see how it goes.[/FONT]
kayakcrzy  
#5 Posted : Monday, January 3, 2011 11:34:13 AM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

if you don't jump out the thermostat in the rear first, you could be wasting your money!!!! I have only been repairing appliances for 30 years!! Good Luck!! Tom. ApplianceEducator.com
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply