Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
julieann  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 25, 2008 5:46:27 PM(UTC)
julieann

Groups: Registered

I did a load of laundry yesterday. Roper washer ras8333pqo worked fine. Today the washer cycled through, but when I thought it was done, it still had a bunch of water in it. Of course, my husband is not here so I did the next best thing ~ called daddy. He came to the house. We came to realize that it will drain, but extremely slowly. Once we got all of the water out, we took off the drain hose from the washer to the pipe. It is draining...but again really slow. I thought I might have a frozen pipe. Not the case. We then pulled the washer out and flipped it over. Took all of the hoses off, but no blockages. The confusing thing is that if you put your hand over the pipe when it is draining, there seems to be a lot of pressure, but just not much water. I have read several of the posts and I am gathering that it is either the lid-switch (but the washer stops when you lift the lid if a cycle is going), a blockage in the pipes (which we checked), a blockage in the pump (which I don't know how to check), a problem with the pump or the motor. So, in as dumb-eze as possible, where would you start? And how do I check the pump for a blockage?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.