Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jameysant  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 25, 2008 11:11:08 AM(UTC)
jameysant

Groups: Registered

Just received this temp. sens. kit from appliance part pros. Can anyone tell me where on the control board the test points are to verify the correct resistance of the sensor?
And also, the kit instructions say to pull the sensor out from the oven liner until there's about 3 inches of wiring behind the two in-line splices, then cut the wires behind the splice. Well, I can't get the wires out that far. Any suggestions?
Thanks alot
Jamey
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 25, 2008 4:00:39 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi Jamey,

The senor connected to the control board through the terminals 3 & 5 on the 10 pin connector. It should read about 1100 Ohms at the room temperature.

If the wires coming from the sensor are not long enough to be pulled out of the oven liner hole, the unit will have to be pulled out from the wall and the sensor accessed from the back.

Here are the break down diagrams for the Thermador range Model RDDS30V

Gene.
jameysant  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 25, 2008 5:09:36 PM(UTC)
jameysant

Thanks Gene, I really appreciate the response. The sensor is reading 1070 ohms at room temp. The F3 error we've been getting has been intermittent and more likely to appear with higher oven temps. I can also clear the error by cycling the power at the breaker. So could it still be the sensor or do you think it's the control board. This morning I turned the oven up to 425 with no error, then checked the sensor...it read 1853 at about 425.
Gene  
#4 Posted : Thursday, November 27, 2008 6:32:59 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Jamey,

I would suspect the control board at this point.

Gene.
mamagh  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 23, 2018 12:03:38 PM(UTC)
mamagh

I don't know where to post this exactly. I just want to pass along some information. I kept getting F34 error codes on my Theradore 301BB wall oven and it would turn off....repeatedly. Finally called a repair person to the house. #1. He did not have to pull the oven completely out of the wall, only 8-10 inches. #2. He removed the control box (elec. power off) and we gave it a thorough cleaning of 9 years of kitchen dust/gunk. #3. Replaced the control board, power up and turned the oven on.....presto, it started right up and kept on going to the set temp. No more problems. Lesson: Tech. said the panel glass is so sensitive to touch that the oven possibly was turning itself off and all the gunk had something to do with it. Just wanted to share this easy fix by an appl. tech.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply