Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
zombiemomma  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 27, 2010 4:13:07 PM(UTC)
zombiemomma

Groups: Registered

Suddenly I started smelling gas, so I called the gas company, they couldn't find a leak (said I might have a little leakage but nothing that could really come up on his wand machine). He told me it could be a safety valve and all that would happen would that it would just go out one day.

The next day.. the oven wouldn't work (stove always has and continues to). So then the appliance repair guy comes out and says its the ignitor and it will cost 180 to fix. I found the part online and ordered. Got the oven working again, but the smell is just so strong.

I can hear the gas coming in and then noise when it finally lights. It does take a bit, I also smell gas when the pilot light comes on randomnly throughout the day.

The gas was so strong today I just gave up using the oven anymore.

So now I just smell gas at random times throughout the day when the pilot light comes on to keep the oven warm.

So what do you think? Regulator? Safety valve? A leak somewhere? Dirty ignitor bar? I haven't done the soap test yet.

Additionally not sure if this is related, my stove has always run about 100 degrees too hot. Also I do see some orange flame on my stovetop when using the burners.

I guess I am trying to figure out if its worth fixing or just buying a new one. But I don't want to buy a new one if the problem is the hose to the oven.

THANK you for reading and replying if you have some ideas.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.