Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
RS73  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 22, 2010 5:56:25 AM(UTC)
RS73

Groups: Registered

My GE JGBP83WEH1WW natural gas range started getting orange flames. All the burners started at the same time. I don't think they all got dirty at the same time as well as the stove.

I called GE and the repair guy just looked at it and said the valve/regulator is bad. He didn't test anything just looked at the flames. I don't really like this kind of conclusion since he charged 99 just to say that. They want 371 to replace the part.

I found the part at a local store, but Im not sure if I have to do anything special to connect it. Are the nuts just for the gas line's attached to the range compression? Do i have to use some kind of sealant/dope on them?

Any help would be appreciated. I can afford to buy the part, but not to buy a new range or 371 for them to fix it.

Also do these things go bad? I think the range is about 6 years old. That doesnt seem to old for a range to me.

Thanks.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.