Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
nicheliz  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2007 2:12:44 PM(UTC)
nicheliz

Groups: Registered

The oven of my 4 yr old kenmore oven/range stopped operating properly recently. It has a dual valve which supplies gas to the broiler burner and the oven burner. The broiler burner has a nice small blue flame and operates properly. All 4 stove burners operate properly. The oven flame however is very yellow. I have adjusted the air shutter to its maximum opening. I have also replaced the dual valve unit. I have removed the burner assembly & blown it out to ensure that there are no blockages. I have opened & reseated the regulator cap after making sure that it is in the proper position for LP gas use (which is my fuel source). Why is my flame so yellow? Any ideas?

Signed,

My wife can't bake
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

richappy  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2007 1:32:19 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I would remove the brass orifice/reducer and check for a piece of sand or rust,might need to get a new one.
nicheliz  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2007 10:11:19 AM(UTC)
nicheliz

Groups: Registered

Thanks Richappy,

Upon closer observation I realized that the brass orifice/reducer was not fully screwed on/seated against the electric dual valve unit. This meant that the pin inside was not meeting with the inside surface of the orifice port. I removed it fully, put a drop of locktite on the threads and screwed it until it was fully seated. The oven flame was small & blue upon reassembly. You were right on track however! The gas emitting from the orifice tip was not being released under the proper conditions. Thanks for your speedy reply!

Signed,

Wife Bakes Again
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply