Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
marksk  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 2, 2010 2:13:09 PM(UTC)
marksk

Groups: Registered

i have a whirpool RBD305PRS00 double electric oven almost 4 years old. about six months ago i noticed the display was dimmed, but the oven was still functioning. it continued to dim, until the display was black. the oven still functioned for a while, but you just couldn't see anything on the display. next thing that happened was, i would press the bake button, then start. the fan would kick on as usual, but after 30 seconds to a minute, there would be a long beep and it would shut off. after a few days, the oven stopped functioning all together.

does anyone have any idea as to what the problem may be?

thanks!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

kayakcrzy  
#2 Posted : Friday, December 3, 2010 3:28:38 AM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

Groups: Senior Expert

Originally Posted by: marksk Go to Quoted Post
i have a whirpool RBD305PRS00 double electric oven almost 4 years old. about six months ago i noticed the display was dimmed, but the oven was still functioning. it continued to dim, until the display was black. the oven still functioned for a while, but you just couldn't see anything on the display. next thing that happened was, i would press the bake button, then start. the fan would kick on as usual, but after 30 seconds to a minute, there would be a long beep and it would shut off. after a few days, the oven stopped functioning all together.

does anyone have any idea as to what the problem may be?

thanks!

It sounds like it is time to replace the electronic clock control. The part # is W10244191 It had been degrading, and now it is gone. That is what I would do. Tom Appliance Educator, Appliance Parts, Washer and Dryer Parts, Refridgerator and Freezer Parts, Stove and Oven Parts
marksk  
#3 Posted : Friday, December 3, 2010 6:07:46 AM(UTC)
marksk

thanks for your response. looking at the parts breakdown of the oven, it seemed to me as that's the only part it could be. all other parts seem to be for the vent, heating or part of the case.

now to find the part. whirlpool is out of stock and it seems like, from what i see, a lot of people have problems with it.
kayakcrzy  
#4 Posted : Friday, December 3, 2010 2:52:22 PM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

Originally Posted by: marksk Go to Quoted Post
thanks for your response. looking at the parts breakdown of the oven, it seemed to me as that's the only part it could be. all other parts seem to be for the vent, heating or part of the case.

now to find the part. whirlpool is out of stock and it seems like, from what i see, a lot of people have problems with it.

You can always send it out to be rebuilt. There are a few places on the internet, that rebuild them. Tom ApplianceEducator.com
marksk  
#5 Posted : Monday, December 6, 2010 8:37:13 AM(UTC)
marksk

found a place online to rebuild it. i removed the trim from the sides and the screws holding on the two screws on the side holding on the stainless steel cover. i read online that the assembly should just lift up and off, but i'm unable to remove it. any tips/advice? are there screws in the back holding it on?
allwheelsjive  
#6 Posted : Monday, December 6, 2010 9:23:24 AM(UTC)
allwheelsjive

Mine just went out today and I called a repairman. It's the control board (Whirlpool part # W10244191 / APP part # AP470178). Just ordered the part from them and joined this forum.
Bad news - on back-order. Repairman said he knows of at least 100 being on back-order currently.
marksk  
#7 Posted : Monday, December 6, 2010 9:38:32 AM(UTC)
marksk

Originally Posted by: allwheelsjive Go to Quoted Post
Mine just went out today and I called a repairman. It's the control board (Whirlpool part # W10244191 / APP part # AP470178). Just ordered the part from them and joined this forum.
Bad news - on back-order. Repairman said he knows of at least 100 being on back-order currently.

did you happen to watch how the repairman removed the panel from your oven? :)
marksk  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, December 7, 2010 8:48:15 AM(UTC)
marksk

removed the board last night. i am not a professional, i am just passing on the steps i took to remove the board from my oven for others who are in the same boat. here's how i did it:

1. remove the two screws from each of the side trim pieces
2. remove the two screws from front of the control panel (one on each side)
3. remove the four screws holding the oven in the cabinet
4. pull the oven out 2-3 inches. it's not difficult and you don't need to worry about supporting it.
5. there are two screws on each side holding the panel in place, remove those
6. lift the control panel up off the hooks holding it in place and pull it forward
7. remove the wires from the panel. note where everything is removed from so there are no questions when you need to put everything back. (or take pictures). most of the connectors look like they will only fit in one place, however, there were four wires that needed to be disconnected from (what look like) relays. they are all red (at least one has a white stripe). i labeled these with masking tape, noting which is on the right, which is on the left and numbering them so i can put them back in the right order.
8. be careful disconnecting the ribbon for the membrane buttons from the board. there are two little latches, one on either side. gently pull them out and the ribbon will pull out. do not pinch the ribbon or you risk ruining it.
9. to remove the board from the front panel, remove the four screws.
MACY22  
#9 Posted : Monday, December 2, 2013 9:16:31 AM(UTC)
MACY22

EXACT SAME THING! Control board went out after 15 months & we can NOT get the part. This says to me that this appliance must be recalled. They cannot make the part fast enough for all the ovens that are not working. Poor P/R on Whirlpools behalf. They offered me 50% discount on the part - that cannot be found.....tis the season to be jolly...LOL
denman  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, December 3, 2013 2:29:55 AM(UTC)
denman

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
MACY22

If your model is the same as marksk.

I checked the control board at AppliancePartsPros and they show that it is in stock, see below.
Parts for Whirlpool RBD305PRS00 Wall Oven - AppliancePartsPros.com

If your board is obsolete then there are companies out there that will fix obsolete board, just Google "appliance timer repair"

If the problem is that just the display has dimmed over time but the oven/keypad still work and the oven display is the fluorescent type then often it is a problem with the display power supply on the control board.
Usually this is that one of the electrolytic capacitors on the board is shot.
Replacing them often fixes the unit.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply