Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
asbeyer  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 1, 2010 10:09:41 AM(UTC)
asbeyer

Groups: Registered

After the holidays my 30" Kenmore double ovens really needed a cleaning. I first set the top oven to clean then thought why not do both together. Everything seemed to be going fine and then I noted the timer kept saying 11:18 and did not change. I cleared the bottom oven after about 30 minutes then continued with the top. Still no change in the time. I turned the top oven off an off course the door remained locked for the cool down. Then it started beeping F2 and would not stop. We eventually flipped the breaker and left it off over night. The next day the top oven was operating fine. The bottom oven turns on and you can program in the degrees but it does not heat up nor do the degrees change. It does not operate on broil either. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 1, 2010 2:03:09 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: asbeyer Go to Quoted Post
After the holidays my 30" Kenmore double ovens really needed a cleaning. I first set the top oven to clean then thought why not do both together. Everything seemed to be going fine and then I noted the timer kept saying 11:18 and did not change. I cleared the bottom oven after about 30 minutes then continued with the top. Still no change in the time. I turned the top oven off an off course the door remained locked for the cool down. Then it started beeping F2 and would not stop. We eventually flipped the breaker and left it off over night. The next day the top oven was operating fine. The bottom oven turns on and you can program in the degrees but it does not heat up nor do the degrees change. It does not operate on broil either. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Asbeyer,

Did you have any fail codes on the lower oven after the power was reset ?

It sure sounds like you have a defective lower oven temperature sensor.
( that may have been the original F2 code you mentioned ).
Part number: AP2023913
Part number: AP2023913

I was surprised it allowed you to program both ovens for self clean cycles at the same time.
Most double ovens wont allow that, due to the high temperatures and the excessive voltage and circuit draws in a self clean cycle.

Good Luck,
:) :) :)
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply