Discuss

GE Double Oven Double F4

in

Oven Repair (including Ranges and Cooktops)

. "

* Edit * Oven model is GE JKP44GOP13G My GE double oven (electric) is beeping and displaying a code F4

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Oven Repair (including Ranges and Cooktops) » GE Double Oven Double F4

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-01-2010, 07:28 AM

MRH is on a distinguished road
Question GE Double Oven Double F4
Brand: GE   Age: 5 - 10 years   

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

* Edit * Oven model is GE JKP44GOP13G

My GE double oven (electric) is beeping and displaying a code F4 whenever I try to use either the top or bottom. Initially the code only came up when I used the bottom, then the problem started with the top.
In order to stop the beeping I had to shut off power to the oven to stop the beeping, that's when I noticed resetting the power got the top working again but eventually resetting did not help.
I thought at first that I had a bad temp sensor, but now with both ovens not working I think this may be a circuit or wiring problem, anyhow I pulled the control panel and didn't see any signs of trouble.
Any suggestions?
Thanks for the help.

Last edited by MRH : 12-02-2010 at 12:32 PM. Reason: Oven model is GE JKP44GOP13G
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 12-01-2010, 08:01 AM
Senior Expert

Joe / APP Team is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRH View Post
My GE double oven (electric) is beeping and displaying a code F4 whenever I try to use either the top or bottom. Initially the code only came up when I used the bottom, then the problem started with the top.
In order to stop the beeping I had to shut off power to the oven to stop the beeping, that's when I noticed resetting the power got the top working again but eventually resetting did not help.
I thought at first that I had a bad temp sensor, but now with both ovens not working I think this may be a circuit or wiring problem, anyhow I pulled the control panel and didn't see any signs of trouble.
Any suggestions?
Thanks for the help.
MRH,

Unfortunately, you didn't supply a model number for your unit.

We can give you some basic, general information, at this point.

Most control boards will display failure codes, it does not always specify which specific oven has the failure. Some of the newer, more elaborate controls do.

A lot of the control boards, after displaying a fail code for a certain amount of time or displays, will eventually, shut the whole system down, even if there is only one disabled component.

We can be more exact and precise with a proper model and serial number, and can answer your inquiries properly.

Thanks,

Joe M. APP TEAM

Find Appliance Parts at AppliancePartsPros.com - Largest inventory in the U.S. with 91% of all in-stock orders delivered within 2 business days. Thousands of photos and diagrams make it very easy to find the right part. Enter your appliance model here.
Old 12-02-2010, 12:33 PM

The oven model is GE JKP44GOP13G
Thanks for the assistance.
Old 12-03-2010, 10:02 AM
Senior Expert

Quote:
The oven model is GE JKP44GOP13G
Thanks for the assistance.
MRH,

Well, Let's start with the obvious and easy stuff.

You have a F4 fail code ( oven sensor shorted ).

Do you have a multi meter, so you can check the oven sensor(s) resistance ?

You can remove the sensor from inside the oven cavity, just don't loose the wires.

With a meter, check across the two wires on the sensor for 1100 ohms or less(1084 ohms average) at room temperature.

Boil water (212 degrees), insert sensor into boiling water(don't touch the sides or bottom of the pot) and the resistance should increase to approximately 1350 ohms.

Test both sensors, if there is a more that 50 ohm resistance difference than I've stated, you'll need a new sensor.

From there, if all checks OK,we will have to check the resistance at the control board connections with the sensor(s) re installed, we don't want to have to pull the oven out of the cabinet, if we don't need to.

Joe M. APP TEAM

Find Appliance Parts at AppliancePartsPros.com - Largest inventory in the U.S. with 91% of all in-stock orders delivered within 2 business days. Thousands of photos and diagrams make it very easy to find the right part. Enter your appliance model here.
Old 12-03-2010, 02:24 PM

Thanks for the help, I'll have to borrow or buy a multimeter but I'm glad to hear I don't have to pull the oven out of the wall. I'll post what I find.
Old 12-03-2010, 02:43 PM
Senior Expert

Quote:
Thanks for the help, I'll have to borrow or buy a multimeter but I'm glad to hear I don't have to pull the oven out of the wall. I'll post what I find.

MHR,

Here's the part number for the meter I would reccomend

Part number: AP3873826

Part number: AP3873826

It's pretty flexible and could come in handy around the house, car etc.

But if you can borrow, or purchase another meter, even better.

Will be looking for your update, in the near future.

Joe M. APP TEAM

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.