Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kevin.m.elkin@rrd.com  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 30, 2010 6:08:27 AM(UTC)
kevin.m.elkin@rrd.com

Groups: Registered

Oven had been slow to light for a while, but gave up completely the Sunday before Thanksgiving. Glowbar wasn't glowing at all. I removed glowbar and burner, tried to clean some corrosion off the burner, and put a hole in it; so ended up getting the burner/glowbar combo (Part WB16K10043), which listed my stove's model number. When parts arrived, everything installed fine except the wiring - plug didn't match the original. Had to connect with ceramic wire caps. Everything worked - baked many things Wednesday in preparation for the holiday - but when the turkey was ready to go in Thanksgiving morning, it preheated a bit, then died completely. Again, the glowbar is not getting hot at all. I checked the installation and re-attached the wires with no effect. Everything looks fine.

Can I assume that the new part went bad, since the oven was fine for 1 day?

Could something else be causing the parts to fail?

Is there something I should test? (I don't have any meters)
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Monday, December 13, 2010 9:17:51 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: kevin.m.elkin@rrd.com Go to Quoted Post
Oven had been slow to light for a while, but gave up completely the Sunday before Thanksgiving. Glowbar wasn't glowing at all. I removed glowbar and burner, tried to clean some corrosion off the burner, and put a hole in it; so ended up getting the burner/glowbar combo (Part WB16K10043), which listed my stove's model number. When parts arrived, everything installed fine except the wiring - plug didn't match the original. Had to connect with ceramic wire caps. Everything worked - baked many things Wednesday in preparation for the holiday - but when the turkey was ready to go in Thanksgiving morning, it preheated a bit, then died completely. Again, the glowbar is not getting hot at all. I checked the installation and re-attached the wires with no effect. Everything looks fine.

Can I assume that the new part went bad, since the oven was fine for 1 day?

Could something else be causing the parts to fail?

Is there something I should test? (I don't have any meters)

Kevin,

I found this post, after I responded to your dryer post.

What did you find wrong with the oven ignition system ?

Or do you still need assistance with it ?

With what you've repaired, my next step would be to check the wiring to the oven gas valve coils and the DSI (direct spark ignition module).

If all is OK, the DSI would be the next comonent to replace.

Good Luck,

:) :) :)
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply